Carb adjustment help sought

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingsfan98

Reaction score
Okay, so I have an 84 1200a. The heads had to be replaced and I ordered them from a place in Washington state. Well, I received the heads, only to find out after the fact that they were from Canadian model which doesn't have the secondary air system.
I blocked off the system to the other side and put together. Now, does anyone know the carb adjustments necessary to make (i.e. canadian specs)?
runs rough and doesn't want to idle...acting rich.

Welcome aboard. Check to see if your choke might be stuck and spray start spray at the intakes at base and where they mount to the carbs. Any change in rpm indicates an air leak that will need fixed before any adjustments are considered.

hmmm this is new,,,,i didnt know there was a difference ....no air system that gose through the heads i guess your saying ......i have no idea about the setting ..i do know theres no choke ...its an enricher circut that make it rich maybe ot stuck some ...im dealing with the lines on top of the block on a 86 1200 that i have put 1100 heads on 371 early cams ,,,and kinda have to work around those lines there ...they dont connect to anything but itself im not sure what its all about ...anyway please tell more or post some pics of the difference