carb rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy.shadow

Reaction score
Randaaks master kit installed, all leaks solved, however, performance still isn't quite there and I have a loud backfire from the left bank during long deceleration ( coming down a long hill)
I'm thinking air leak, any thoughts?

I'm thinking 1 air screw is set to rich, pull the spark plugs and check the color or try useing a little thottle and roll it off real slow and see if this makes the backfire worse, carb sync might be out a bit to.

Okay, worked 10 till 6am and the weather is god given today, so I stayed up and decided to address some issues
(1 Bike dirty cuz I got caught in the rain last week.
(2 Poor performance.
(3 New brake pads have been taking up space on my bench.

(A Thoroughly bathed the baby! :good:
(B Installed new Rear pads, after which I was angry and chose to do the fronts tomorrow. :nea:
(C Took a break. :heat:
(D {and you guys are gonna love this} Let's check the plugs, Do you know the little drain hole through the head? Yup #4 clogged and full to the top with water! Fixx-ed that! Put all new plugs gapped at .033.
WOW!
Finally runs like an 1100! :yahoo:
Still got a back fire, however that is livable as it only occurs during sustained decel !

How quickly we all forget to pass on little tips like dropping a wire thru the drains b4 you wash :)
Good to see she's a good thing mate