carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, will you have better performace? yes. (remember the early 78s were only slightly better than the later 78s' and 79s' for the worse "performers of the 1000 series). Will it perform like an 83 1100 or a 76 1000? No. The accelerator pump will give you a little more "umph" (technical term) when you lay on the throttle

th 1100 cabs are much better carbs in design and smothness ....if in good working order for sure ....1000 carbs lacked a lot in the operation compared to the wing motor overall ....a lot of 1000 owners choose them for ther smothness in operation there just a tad smaller in size isthe only drawback which is nothing in my book at all 99%of thetime there just way better.... :mrgreen:

most defintley they work i have 81 1100 carbs on my 79 engine, which is on my 75 wing and they work great, for me i lost a little low end but gained a lot of hi end and smoother ride on the hwy.

i guess i stated it strangly what i kinda mean is that when not running it seems to rev up ok i mean 6krpm or more and seems to be getting plenty of fuel, however when i put a load on it, while ridding, it seems to boog down and run throttle wide open and just barely get 60mph. going to take off mufflers as the right one is rattling like crazy. i have spare mufflers in my storage shed with other 1000 parts. will keep all up to date on how thing are going. can only work a few hours in the morning then gets to hot even with fan in the garage. in the 100's all this coming week. will have to settle riding the shadow for awhile. the worst case senairo i will have to take it in the shop and have the work done. will keep all your advice handy and go througth them one by one. thanks.

the whole ting changes .....you also have to stopup the vacume line the 1100 carb rack ....the intakes tube on the bottom have o rings on them one of yours might be leaking or more ....check the fuel pump line if loose hat will cause it to suc air too ....there is vacume screw holes on every intake tubedown by the head and also makes sure the rubber connectors are clampedgood and sng without over tightening....all i can think of now to check :mrgreen: this is realy good switch im sure it something minor.... :mrgreen:

Well if there are no vacuum leaks at the places Joe pointed out, the fuel pump pressure and volume is ok then it sounds like the carbs are gummed up.
If the vacuum sliders are gummed and sticking acceleration and all around performance will suffer.

Simply putting miles on it with Seafoam in the fuel may take care of much of the problems but a full on carbs rebuild may be needed to get it right.

hope you cleaned the carbs before instaling them.....why install dirty carbs when ya had the chance to do it right :head bang:

dan is on target... cannot go at speed almost always means "ain't getting gas at speed" so you have to look at a differential for that. plugged jets, stuck cv slides (although that usually is a feeling of mising will cruising at speed) not enough fuel to carbs.... (pump not working well enough, vent paritally plugged in tank, paritally plugged screens in tank, plugged filter etc.)

Latest posts