Changing the exhaust on the old girl.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the option to buy a set of stock, slip-on 2009 Sportster mufflers ($40) or 2005 HD Twin Cam mufflers ($30). What do recommend for my Melba?

Montecman":1e00dx9b said:
I have the option to buy a set of stock, slip-on 2009 Sportster mufflers ($40) or 2005 HD Twin Cam mufflers ($30). What do recommend for my Melba?

Are you able to look at them to see if they are the same diameter pipes? Or if one of them already has a hanger on the muffler so its easier to install then the other one

The sportsters, IMHO, have a higher sound to them. I went for the dyna's because I wanted to avoid that. If I could have found a set from a road king or what ever the bigger one's are called, I would have gotten them. It really just depends on your preference.

Ihad to go the Harley muffler way as i took the ones off the 82 and the right one had rotted through due to the bike shop storing them outside .Si got some sportster mufflers and made up some brackets and was trying to figure out how to get them to the headers . I didnt want to use flexpipe . Then i saw Roadys mufflers over at Naked Wings and went that way just because it was so easy to do having a friend weld the headers for me .And Roady didnt real want to copy anyone but this is so simple to do

britman":bj7oy8mx said:
Ihad to go the Harley muffler way as i took the ones off the 82 and the right one had rotted through due to the bike shop storing them outside .Si got some sportster mufflers and made up some brackets and was trying to figure out how to get them to the headers . I didnt want to use flexpipe . Then i saw Roadys mufflers over at Naked Wings and went that way just because it was so easy to do having a friend weld the headers for me .And Roady didnt real want to copy anyone but this is so simple to do

Got a Pic or two... I may need to do this also...

I was thinkng of trying a set of rineharts for the sportster .thay sound so sweet on a harley,but i wounder what it would sound like on a goldwing :music3: :doh: :headscratch:

Joep sorry its been a while ive got a pic to post on here might have to make is smaller . the sporty mufflers look like they should be there and the sound reminds me of the 70s and 80s Kawasaki s when going full chat down the road

Attachments

• newwing 006.jpg
    newwing 006.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 98