Chrome rims

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratch99

Reaction score
So today i spent day looking :laptop: for a chrome shop to get my rims chromed.found 2 shops that chrome motorcycel parts. :rtfm: both were the same in price :read: .I will wait tell winter frist,it will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get them back.has any one here ever had any parts chromed?

I would be curious as to the price quoted. I have never had anything chromed, but I am painting my wheels next winter with aluminum hupcap paint to match the style of the GL1000 that had aluminum wheels.

I had a TON of stuff chromed on my '750 Hondamatic back in the late '70s. Last I remember was the valve cover, side covers, and a bunch of little stuff. Total was less than $200 at the time, and it took about two months for them to get it all finished.

I think the Comstar rims might look pretty kewl chromed!! Looks like they might be a bit tedious to polish, tho! Sure don't envy anyone that had to do that job! :(

Mcgovern thay do have chrome paint,was thinking of it but i used it once and though it dint come out the way i had hoped.it did clean up the part i was painting.as for the rims being chromed its $550 for 2 rims and about 3 weeks time.but it will look great with the wide white walls i want to put on.

AApple":28qknm2p said:
I had a TON of stuff chromed on my '750 Hondamatic back in the late '70s. Last I remember was the valve cover, side covers, and a bunch of little stuff. Total was less than $200 at the time, and it took about two months for them to get it all finished.

I think the Comstar rims might look pretty kewl chromed!! Looks like they might be a bit tedious to polish, tho! Sure don't envy anyone that had to do that job! :(
I polish the whell on my big truck and dont want to do that again :heat:

The GL1100 30th Birthday is next year and want her to be looking her best :smilie_happy: :builder: :yahoo: :hihihi: :doh:

I would never polish rims by hand.. It would take waayy to long and too much effort, I would just buy one of those rotary lookin buffers with the mother's ball attachment, It would make the job alot quicker and easier... But of course there is nothing on my bike to polish except for the forks :hihihi: :salute:

BigAndrew":l204ef13 said:
I would never polish rims by hand.. It would take waayy to long and too much effort, I would just buy one of those rotary lookin buffers with the mother's ball attachment, It would make the job alot quicker and easier... But of course there is nothing on my bike to polish except for the forks :hihihi: :salute:

I bought 2 mother's balls to try to buff some stuff on my bike. I ended up taking both of them back. They started shredding on me after a bit. I think they're just good for polishing parts with smooth edges.

Thats why i want chrome,just wash it and tada.oh and did i mention my favorite color is chrome :smilie_happy: :yes:

$550 is 1 or more hookers for a total of 2.55 girl hours :salute: :salute: :salute:
You spend your money your way and I hope you get as much enjoyment as me, but I can't see it :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts