Clutch repair

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooltech

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My clutch is working ok I don't grind into gear or jump out what I would like to know is can the
clutch plates be replaced with out pulling the engine out being there is a cover on the back
I was thinking after all the years that it would not hurt to maybe replace them I don't know how the other
owner used the bike when i got it the clutch was adjusted up very tight
at the bottom adjustment it was at the last threads and at the lever it was out all the way
I put them were they should be the cable works good and the clutch just thinking about doing it.

move the adjustments where you strill have some id say thats more cable than wear on the clutch ...id say its fruitless and cant do a good job in the frame clutch work i wouldnt do it ...if my clutch ever gose im taking the motor out and do it right ....thats just not possible with motor in

I'm thinking a stretched cable also because no matter if it is adjusted all the way the shift is still the same
very notchy i know they are anyway but compared to a friends that is smooth mine is very hard to shift
so i will try a cable first.

Latest posts