Colors of detail parts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
these questions are for those who may have seen a 70's wing on the showroom floor or assembled at the factory. or anyone who has a good "id" of what a concourse spec'd bike should look like on the smaller details.... thanks in advance.

1. bolts- zinc plated at factory? greenish gold?
all bolts? or just the ones with the "8" on the bolt-heads don't forget the bolt-heads for the spokes same color?

2. i know the nissin brakes have the single "bright fire engine red" dots on the black caliper?

3. brake cals- matte black or high gloss?

4. wheel rims- hazy brush polished factory or bright mirror polish?

5. spoke wheel hubs- same color as motor cases?

6. red 1975gl1000 "Antares Red" or "Candy Antares Red"?

7. all Chrome parts- were any of the 1975's made with chrome parts painted in a gloss finish color rather than chrome? my chrome man wants about $7oo to restore the chrome parts.

8. any other tips or does anyone have a checklist for trying to do a concourse gl1000 restoration???

thanks in advance!
walt

matte black on brake MC....yes on 5....hazey brusch polish on wheels....some of the fenders were painted instead of chrome front and back...hmmm...we need some good pics of some early wings close to when they were made

My father-in-law had a 75 Antares Red. I used to ride around all over the place on the back with him when I was dating my (now) wife. I blame him directly for the soft spot I have for early Wings. And also for the 81 GL1100 I adopted last month -- all his fault... :salute:
Steve

anybody goingto wing ding in ft. wayne This week? take your camera. They have a bike gl1000 that came out of the box "crate" and NEVER started. I did not have my camera with me.