Digital Dash

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
i got a question if anybody has any ideas .. I ride a 1986 Aspencade SE-I with a Digital Dash . i am 65 years old , still don't have to wear glasses to ride or drive , BUT my vision is not as good as it once was . me and my wife rode about 300 miles yesterday , and most of the time , I could bearly at best see the numbers and things in the Dash ..like when the Sun was on the Dash . does anybody know how that works ??? would a brighter light bulb help this problem ??? or do I just need a Brighter Bulb in my HEAD ???? :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: well..... you guys sure made me feel better........ at least I'm not alone....... :music:

Changing the angle of it some might just fix most of the problem. No idea how to intensify clarity.

well..........changing the angle would be a heck of a job i think , i was thinking when i was out riding today , maybe make something to reach out over the top more , to Shade the screen more .. might test it , held in place by Velcro or something . . . just a thought . :hi:

Shade will likely help at least some. Yes I'm sure the mounts would need some sort of adapter added to remount the dash at a different angle.

yeah , and there ain't much room around the Dash , it was designed to sit just like it is , like somebody said it was just a poor design , and I have thought maybe it was designed by somebody a lot smaller or shorter than me who would have been looking at it from a slightly Lower Angle , but... there is always a way . :popcorn:

Latest posts