Dirty Shades, Tasty Clean

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Smith

Reaction score
I was getting ready to climb on my wing today to run errands. I put my shades on and noticed there was a smear on the lens. So I gave it a good lick and polished them up with my T shirt. I figured someone moved them and got something on the lens and the taste was kinda sweet.
On the road to town I remembered, yesterday on the ride home a nice big bug hit me right on the right lens of my shades. Tasty bug guts. :cool:

Now you know why the happy riders have bug traces in their teeth...

I found the best spot cleaner for glass, glasses, polycarbonite, laptops, cell phone screens in a pinch is diet coke or diet Dr.pepper... wet a napkin and use it on the crud.. use a dry one to dry the lenses... as long as you don't soak electronics in it you will be fine... this is not dripping wet type of wiping.. but just wet enough to leave visible trades of soda in the trace... notice one and all... I said ....DIET.. not anything else.. the acid will act as a cleaner and will not be sticky after cleaning... not diet will leave sugar behind... if you need to clean your windshield take a towel and drape over the screen and poor the diet soda over it and use wet towel to wipe screen.. works inna pinch when you're out and ran out of screen cleaner.. use dry towel to clear screen from the traces..