Dyna S or Hondaman Transistorized Ignition?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe most of the wiring on the GL is 16 Ga.. Bigger is better, I've rewired w/ 14 where possible. I am the PO from , well, someplace warm. I used the Dyna, it was simple to hook up. Mine failed a little over a year after purchase; they replaced it anyhow. By then I had the Hondaman hooked up and have been happy with it.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153526#p153526:204u8ak2 said:
akolleth » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 am[/url]":204u8ak2]
Well I made a decision- although maybe contrary to popular opinion here I went with the Dyna S, mostly due to simplicity in setting it up. I plan to replace it with the C5 next spring, so this is really a stop gap fix of sorts, and the Dyna can be re-sold to get back some of the cost then. The Hondaman setup would be perfect if I planned to keep it that way.

My question though is what gauge wire should I use for the primary feed to the coils? I am thinking either 16 or 14 but I can't seem to find any documentation on what is there already.

that should work good. if i may offer one small word of advice ? set the points plate and before removing it, mark the position with a black marker pen. keep it in a ziplock bag and it will fit in beside the fuel filler cap. if any problem is encountered on the road , it's an easy fix to get home.

i used the stock wire, which i think was the black/white one that runs from the engine stop switch down to the ballast. the one out of the ballast was black with a brown band.
(aussie model.)

Latest posts