Engineering

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a 94 kawasaki Voyager as a project $400. It sat for several years. Thought my buddy and I would fix it up and flip it. Let me say as motorcycle engineering goes, after removing the carbs to clean and rebuild them then taking a week to finagle them back in the frame and line up the intake boots, get the clamps back on, never has there been less space to work with on any other motorcycle. The radio doesn't work, which I knew going in, but didn't know the fairing had to come off to remove it. That aint happening. I'll sell it not working. Every step forward gets 2 backward. Each time I take a wrench to it I wish it was a Goldwing. Never again when this thing leaves will I touch another Voyager. Lesson learned. Stick with a Goldwing. You can't go wrong.
Sorry. Had to rant. Feel better now.

Yah I know the feeling ..I've been working months on my vette ...in a job I thought might take less than a week ..every move been like threading a needle with you toes blindfolded ...mines a keeper so I will see it through ...I just love the car and with the top down its my 4 wheel bike

I have a friend in our vintage bike club with a Voyager. Or, had one. He was headed into a camp ground last week and the oil filter cover caught on the edge of the parking lot. Ripped the cover and part of the boss that it bolts to right out.

"Flipping" old bikes is seldom a profitable thing. The best I expect is to "rescue" one and make back what I've put into it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=223129#p223129:14aothfb said:
pidjones » Today, 2:23 am[/url]":14aothfb]
"Flipping" old bikes is seldom a profitable thing. The best I expect is to "rescue" one and make back what I've put into it.
Or just have one that you do a little of this and that to, then a little of this and that some more, and eventually it is finished! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Not sure about newer Hondas either...
I had to remove a fuel tank from 2014 NC700X. There is a "quick connect".
But there is so little space between frame and the tank that I had to do it one hand.
Sqeeze the thing to unlock and pull.
It would be so much quicker with good old fuel hose and a clamp.

Latest posts