Fishing Rod Attachment

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRH87GL

Reaction score
Looking for ideas. I love to wade and fish creeks has anyone any ideas on a easily removeable rod holder atachment to a wing. I was looking at PVC and the Chrome rod holders Bass Pro carrys. But I want to be able to remove it easily dont want it perm. So many times I'll be out cruising by the river or creeks and just spot some killer areas to fish. All my rods are one piece dont like 2 piece rods so breaking them down is not a option lost too many would be nice catches. The Bass are a jumping no better way to spend the weekends. :fishin:

Clips on the bike used for holding shovels or brooms in the garage? Why not a telescoping rod in one of the bags?

How about a length of PVC pipe with an end cap and zip tied to the bike.
At Home Depot they sell extra wide zip ties for a/c ducting.
Position the pipe end cap against something on the bottom to hold up the weight.

Don't they make a fishing rod holder for the back of a pickup truck? Maybe one of those could be made to clip on / off?

I like that. Watch out Bass. I knew someone from the South would have something in mind . AApple keep listening to those voices in your head that was cool idea fur sure My voices was too busy arguing about which one was going to do what. Oh that was my wife talking about the Honey Do List.

Joel that is an option.. but if I understand correctly his rods are between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 foot rods. Maybe mounted lower near the saddle bags at the frontal edge.. slightly canned to the rear could use the go pro mounts to make it quick detachable... They have adhesive mounts that attach the go pro to things like surf boards, sky diving helmets, so these might hold securely..

I once used a PVC pipe strapped to the foot peg and then stuck the fishing rod into that and strapped it in and it worked great. I just got tired of always having to put it on and take it off so I got a telescopic rods to use when I was on the bike.