Flasher ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB1953

Reaction score
I am working on the 1981 GL1100 trike project again. I am doing the electrical and would like tasherso change flashers as the stock one will not flash now with the new lights (some led some regular). I did switch to a smaller 2 prong and got them to flash. When I took out the one that was in there I noticed one wire wasn't connected to anything.(Green wire). But the gray wire was connected to the L stud and the Black wire to the X stud. All the electronic flashersI found at the parts store had 3 studs for connections. Does any one know how these work. I am having trouble with the wiring diagram I have as the wire colors don't match up. Thanks John

The green wire is the ground wire, so if the flasher has a negative terminal, that's where the green goes. I have an 2 post electronic so the green wire is just dangling. I'll take a look at mine to see if it is labeled as to which wire goes to which post unless someone else answers.

Some 3 pin flashers have a seperate pilot light circuit rather than an earth so make sure. A 3 pin with pilot light circuit can be used like a 2 pin as you don't need the pilot light circuit.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186716#p186716:4t4x6d76 said:
slabghost » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 am[/url]":4t4x6d76]
Single indicator light. works for either side.
:good: :yes: