Foot pegs or Floor boards

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer foot pegs or floor boards?

• Foot pegs

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Floor boards

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back in the old days, before the crash, someone had posted here about building their own forward controls on a 'Wing, with pics. I barely remember it, but I know it was here. Not sure if they had completed the mod and were satisfied or not, tho. I remember studying the pics, tho.
Anyone else remember that?

AApple":36f1nagj said:
Back in the old days, before the crash, someone had posted here about building their own forward controls on a 'Wing, with pics. I barely remember it, but I know it was here. Not sure if they had completed the mod and were satisfied or not, tho. I remember studying the pics, tho.
YES! And I remember that he really liked his mod!

AApple":1xb06sl4 said:

I remember that thread but I don't think they ever completed it, least never heard about it.

There is a guy who makes them for our bike. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can dig up the contact.

he did a nice job, but I do not think that is the same bike that was shown on the old forum. The yellow bike with the chrome controls looks more familiar.

MSGT-R":7fsfskjb said:
rkthev":7fsfskjb said:
When I posted this poll I thought it might go the other way. Been looking at Craigslist lately for possibly another Goldwing and it seems most of them have floorboards.

I have an un-used (new) Calafia floorboard kit in my garage for a 1000 if you really want floorboards. Bought it a long time ago from the salvage yard for a former project and never used it... I'll have to lay it out to see if it included passenger boards (?)

I prefer pegs.. already have a set of floorboards in the garage to get rid of..

Personally, I would like to see them hug the frame, or even angle from where the footpegs mount out to where the toe clears the head.

Don't have the Marklands that were on the bike anymore, I gave them to plsthompson for the price of postage. It would have been an interesting comparison.

Latest posts