Front Brake Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GILLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I'm needing to replace the resevior for the front brake. What is the best way you have found to remove the (plastic resevior)
off to reinstall the new one. Does it just pry off? My replacement is on it's way and should be here in a few days. It is a 83 Goldwing STD.

Thanks, GILLT from Utah

I believe you are correct. Once the cover screws are removed it should pry off. I just read of this in another thread a few days ago.

Thanks Slabqhost, I think I have to get under it and really pry up and it should come off. That material that the resevior is made out of must be tuffer
than I think. I'll give her a shot.

Thanks again.

Yes you do pry it off and yes it is pretty tough! At the center of the bottom there is an o-ring that holds the reservoir in and it can be a bugger to get loose!

mcgovern61":i84ws236 said:
Yes you do pry it off and yes it is pretty tough! At the center of the bottom there is an o-ring that holds the reservoir in and it can be a bugger to get loose!

Give the resevoir a few twists to break the hold the seal has and it comes out a bit easier. It also depends on how long the resevoir has been sitting, without being rebuilt etc.