Front Brakelight Switch

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K7TKA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front brake switch doesn't seem to be working. I am assuming it is the switch since the rear works fine. My local dealer doesn't seem to be able to locate one but my guess is it may be the same switch used in some car of that vintage (79 Civic?). Does anyone have a part number I can chase down?

brakes work fine so I'm going to check the switch for continuity. I have done more searching and did come up with the correct part number but every site I have checked shows it out of stock. The number is 35350-300-006/16. It is mounted on the splitter manifold.

#2 in this diagram...these folks say they have an "alternative" switch(non-oe).
Of course...they ain't in the U.S., but...
click on image for link

Looks like a plain jane pressure switch, to me....perhaps one from another vehicle would work.....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98339#p98339:1ymt354l said:
K7TKA » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 pm[/url]":1ymt354l]
Update!!
I did a continuity check and the switch is working so I get to chase wires. Thanks for all the help guys.

Just make sure that the switch can flow current, use a bulb ( incandescent ) test light as you may have continuity but still a poor circuit. If you have bridged the wires together off the switch and still don't have a brake light then more than likely the switch is ok and you have other faults ( wiring, bulb, bulb holder, faulty earth etc)

Latest posts