Fuse Box

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, smoke from wires bad.

Make sure your replacing with the correct amp fuse.

Before you put the fuse in, bend those metal tabs a little together. Might tighten it up enough so you can find the short. Which is what I'd do before anything else.

My tail light and rear turn signals were not consistently working when I got my 82.
I checked/tightened the connections a few times over the last year, for the most part it helped but always seemed to revert back to intermittent operation eventually. When I finally cut and spliced in a newish/used connector (at the junction under the seat as mwbill suggests) the problem was solved.

The fact that the wires to the rear tail and turn bulbs run under the seat means that if they are not protected and routed like the factory setting, they most likely will develop chafing and exposed copper. Mine were getting that way when I fixed it, look very closely.
Good Luck

Will be checkin those wires, when I first got this bike I had problems with this same fuse blowin come to find out it was a wire in the back under the license plate where a PO had added running lites , but can't find anything in there as of yet everything is lookin good back there. But the smoke that I saw was coming out from the left side of the bike under the false tank in the area off the self cancelling turn signals, can't find any bare wires anywhere as of yet, will be a long process.
Winger 82 :hi:

Latest posts