Getting ready too replace timing belts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooltech

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's that time don't know when the last time they were replaced so decided too do them
runs great. doing the belts and the tensioners then through in some new plugs while I have them out
then off too the shop for new tires. Riding season is coming fast here already gone a few short ones.

sheesh cooltech go slow and be sure of everything ...we cant loose a bike here on belt change ....its better not to change them if you feel like it is over your skill level ,,,,

Yes I have looked at all the links on how too change them detailed very well and I do have the skills too do them
being an auto tech for almost 35 yrs. as for the tires I thought about doing them myself but don't feel
good about doing them but depends on how much they are going to charge if it is some out rages price
I will do them.

It likely will be expensive to get the tires mounted unless you buy the tires through the same shop. I ordered tires through my local Harley dealer for my Virago. Got a good deal on the price with mount and balance. I brought the wheels in.

Seen prices of around $160.00 rear & $130.00 front for Dunlops elite.Don't know how much a shop could charge to mount/balance them if you buy them online. :headscratch:

carl62cycles":3q54naje said:
Seen prices of around $160.00 rear & $130.00 front for Dunlops elite.Don't know how much a shop could charge to mount/balance them if you buy them online. :headscratch:
Around here if you bring the wheel in it's mount and balance- $20 if buying the tire from them.
$40 if the tire bought elsewhere. That's at one of the cheaper places.
The $20 addition could negate the online savings as well you can't verify the date on an online tire not to mention a warranty return can be a major hassle.
Buy local from a shop that appreciates the business. You'll support a local business and save a lot of headache.

dan filipi":3onoy650 said:
Buy local from a shop that appreciates the business. You'll support a local business and save a lot of headache.

There is the problem Dan... I don't have a local shop that appreciates my business and I don't want to support it.

I don't have a problem with supporting them they are good poeple but here they don't have any
one too compete with and I would rather have a good warrantee that I can get the work done right away
then the cost of taking it off and sending it in from some web sight and them telling me that it is not
covered. i will go with the locals

I have a local shop that specializes in Wings, so I'm blessed. They don't tell me my bike is too old, either.

Mark

Latest posts