GL1100 air lines & Fittings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike in idaho

Reaction score
I'm slowly piecing together my '82 basket case with an '83 digital dash and wiring harness. Things are going together well with exception of the air hose connections, the short hose from the control panel has a fitting that is too small to fit the one on the fork cap. Mother Honda lists that part for about $25, the long hose ,back to the rear shock manifold goes for $78. The hose won't fit the shock manifold without another $25 fitting there. Is there a more affordable source for this stuff than the dealer? The swivels on the hose end look like a really small british pipe fitting, is that what it is or is it something else yet?

hmmm...dont know ive done that before .....honda probably dosnt have it either....it cant be to hard to figure out something there...sounds like a nice project going on .....welcome to CGW

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Mike!!!!
~O~ man has found some really kewl stuff in bike bone-yards...that might be a place to look. :yes:

mike in idaho":9ahmfuye said:
"My other car is a Kenworth"
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Love it! :good:

Not much around here for bike junkyards. It seems these days that a parts order always seems to arrive missing the one piece you really need, being NLA. I think I'll drill out the elbows and tap them for pipe threads and install fittings for nylon truck air hose. 3/16s" air line with push-to connect fittings should do the job and look neater also.

mike in idaho":qisvw9yl said:
Not much around here for bike junkyards. It seems these days that a parts order always seems to arrive missing the one piece you really need, being NLA. I think I'll drill out the elbows and tap them for pipe threads and install fittings for nylon truck air hose. 3/16s" air line with push-to connect fittings should do the job and look neater also.

That does sound neater, If I have any problems that sounds like a worthwhile conversion..

mike in idaho":xqtl9na3 said:

Take pics and share the mod!!! :good: Sounds like a good work-around to me.

I'm installing an electric gauge for the shock lines and have found adapters from the shocks to Nat. Pipe Thread. I'm picking up the adapters today. I'll post part numbers

Boy I would love to find a bone yard around central New York with some gold wings. I have been buying off eBay but that's a crap shoot most of the time. Anyone know of any yards in New York?

Thanks
Mike

No I don't, sorry. There are yards in Cali though that will ship to you. When I get home I'll try to find out which ones and post'em here.

I was wondering Mike, why switch wiring? I installed an 83 LED dashpanel on my 82 w/o any problems.

~O~

looks like the warehouse is running the shop outside :smilie_happy: do you know where anything is at ....just kidding nice stuff ...the britts look nice :good: :eek:k: :yes: :mrgreen:

I used some 1/8th inch nylon air lines and fittings, such as found on the shift lever of a Fuller truck transmission,to connect the air to the front and the rear:
008-2.jpg

I ran an 1/8th inch pipe tap in the holes and threaded in a 90 degree fitting on the shock manifold and the fork cap, straight fittings on the output holes of the control valve. The ends are quite compact, using brass compression ferrules inside,the air line is purchased by the foot for very little money. The lines look quite small but the id is actually pretty close to that of the original lines, you can slip a piece of windshield washer hose over it for protection at the wear points.