Greetings!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck c

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently ride a Suzuki GS450 but need a bigger bike. I ran across a non-running 81 GL1100 for cheap so I started digging into them online. I got all excited about getting it and do a single carb and GM alternator conversion and the guy cancelled the deal. I think somebody told him it was worth a lot more than he was asking.

But the bug has bitten me and now I want one! Since I'll have to pay something more like going price it will be a while before I can. In the meantime I'll check in to learn more about them.

Welcome from a fellow newbie. If your patient the right deal will come around. I found 2 of them at a yard sale of all places, Fella was moving and wanted to lighten his load. 500 each , I just seen a member here found one for 200.00. All of them needing work of course. Seen allot of good deals on runners too.
Good luck on your search.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82330#p82330:2bvsgfzn said:
zman » Sat May 25, 2013 9:43 pm[/url]":2bvsgfzn]Welcome from a fellow newbie. If your patient the right deal will come around. I found 2 of them at a yard sale of all places, Fella was moving and wanted to lighten his load. 500 each , I just seen a member here found one for 200.00. All of them needing work of course. Seen allot of good deals on runners too.
Good luck on your search.

This one was at a yard sale and was for $500 too! Not only that, but it was only 2 miles from my house. I doubt I'll get any luckier than that but I know there are lots out there so I'll keep watching craigslist. There's a 75 on now for $650 but it's 2 hours away and I want a later model Interstate.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82574#p82574:3gxnn02o said:
brianinpa » Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 am[/url]":3gxnn02o]Welcome to Classics neighbor!!

Thanks to all for the welcome! brianinpa: Cool! A local! Are they any more members in east-central PA or NJ?

Latest posts