Heads up….California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
California Traffic Fines up in 2010
Thought some of you might be interested in this...

Updated fines for 1/6/2010

Failure to obey license provisions - $214

Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days (fine reduced with proof of correction - $214

Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (can be reduced with submission of proof after violation) - $796

Running red light - $436

Unsafe Speed 1 to 15 mph over limit - $214

Unsafe Speed 16 to 25 mph over limit - $328

Failure to stop at stop sign - $214

Passing school bus with red light signals - $616

Driving using wireless phone not hands free, first offense - $148

2nd offense and beyond - $256

Driving while texting, send/receive msgs - $148

minor drive (16 yrs and under) using wireless phone - $148

Parking in a bus load area - $976

Violation of disabled parking provisions - $976

2nd offense - $1876

Unlawful Material on Vehicle Windows - $176

Adequate Muffler required - $178

Mandatory use of seat belts - $148

mandatory use of child passenger restraints - $436

headsets/earplugs over both ears - $178

Motorcycle safety helmet requirements - $178

Commercial driver, log book violation - $616

No evidence of current registration (fine reduced with proof of submission) - $256

Display of license plates - $178

Commercial weight fees due - $178

glad i don't drive a big rig anymore, i never did my logbook until the end of the day. just ask the state trooper that pulled me over in utah or indiana. there are more traffic cops patroling in my area, last time it was this bad was back in the early to mid '80's

The signs are still posted all over the place: "click it or ticket - $86 fine". My wife got a seatbelt ticket right around the end of last year and had to pay it by this month, and we couldn't figure out why it was over $140. Now we know, it was "because". They won't let you pay a traffic ticket here untill you get a voucher in the mail. So, in reality, these increases actually started before the 2010 year.

Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days (fine reduced with proof of correction - $214

I went to DMV and stood in line to change my address. I was told to fill out one of those forms over there, and drop it into the box on the counter. So I did. Seemed easy enough. Over the next year and a half I got pulled over twice. No ticket, just looked like somebody they were looking for. Both times the cops told me there is no record of my new address. Both times I went to DMV and filled out the form over there and dropped it into the box on the counter. I stood in line both times, and both time was told this is how it's done. The last time I tried to explain my situation, but the more you talk to them, the stupider they get. To this day my license still has my old address. What do you bet I still live there? What "proof" can I take with me to court? You cannot win in California. It ain't noth'n about right and wrong. Ain't about truth and justice. Ain't about what's fair. If you wanna know what it's really all about, just follow the money.

Driving while texting, send/receive msgs - $148
Parking in a bus load area - $976

Does this look backwards to you or is it just me?
I tell ya, if Arkansas had an ocean, that's where I'd be!
I ain't even started yet! There's a lot more rant where that came from, but I'll spare ya for now. :head bang:

I am a commercial driver and run between Las Vegas and Berkley, ca. ( San Francisco area). I have two friends that stopped to check their loads and while they were at it, answer natures call. CHP pulled up and gave them both a ticket for " littering"......funny, huh?.............$640 a piece was the fine. Not so funny any more. Guys, watch where ya pee!

I think it is happening everywhere. I see the cops with people pulled over all the time. Where before it was only once in a while. Sounds like they are turning the cops into revenue collectors. The fines that you posted seem outrageous to me.

Yeah I agree they really trying to pull in the $$$ receiving a text is a fine????

Headsets over both ears?? what about those of us that wear earplugs/headsets in our helmets.. and does it apply to those with biult in speakers??

I am Glad that the driving barefoot provision was repealed.. (long ago and far away in hippie(r) times..

:shock: :eek: :? Holy Crap!!!
Guess Schwarzenegger needs a bigger budget, Maybe he needs a bigga Choppaa...

:smilie_happy:

Attachments

• Chopper Huey.gif
    Chopper Huey.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 87
My last speeding ticket was in Bristol Tn.... 64 mph in a 35 zone , cost me $98 back in 2003 , I was playing music in a club , had just finished about 2;30 AM.

VegasWingnut":3ot13dza said:
I am a commercial driver and run between Las Vegas and Berkley, ca. ( San Francisco area). I have two friends that stopped to check their loads and while they were at it, answer natures call. CHP pulled up and gave them both a ticket for " littering"......funny, huh?.............$640 a piece was the fine. Not so funny any more. Guys, watch where ya pee!

So how do you want it? A fine for littering, or an arrest for indecent exposure or commiting a lewd act and end up on megans list or something? I know a guy can't win for trying, but depending on how my prescriptions are holding up and my mood at the time, I may just be dumb enough at the moment to make him take fingerprints, DNA samples and prove it.

Last I heard, the only thing allowed to be littered on a California roadway is water and chicken feathers. This dates back to when ice trucks used to deliver ice, and when farmers had to haul their chickens to market. Although now it is law that you must cover your load. Even at the dump they will charge you an extra $10 (?) if you even make it that far with your load uncovered. Keep in mind that my info could be completely outdated, since it seems to get harder all the time to keep up with all the changes.

Welcome my friends, to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside come inside. You can check out anytime, but you can never leave.

Latest posts