heated seat pad.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastmover83

Reaction score
I found an article in the showcase section on pg. 72 of the March/April issue of Roadbike magazine, showing a heated seat pad by DIYHEAT and sold by Sargent Cycle Products. wwwSargentCycle.com, that can be installed under your seat cover This might interest some of the cold weather riders on here. If it works as good as the heated seat in my wife's car it might be just the thing for those chilly morning, when you don't want to drag out all the heated gear, when you know it warm up later in the day and you will have to find somewhere to store all that extra gear you will have to take back off when it does.

Correct me if Im wrong but I think being a heating element it draws a fair amount.
My wife has always ask for heated gerbings jacket and pants,but I have always been concerned about the electrical draw of the elements on the 1100s insufitiont chargeing syatem .

Well from what i hear is that they do draw alot of power for 1000's and 1100's but what i meant was that comparing a seat pad to lets say a jacket and gloves. With gloves you have at least 2 different pads and with a jacket who knows how many are in a jacket

Heres a heating pad, Just wire in a power inverter so it converts DC to AC :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• pPETS-3758750dt.jpg
    pPETS-3758750dt.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 205
Heated seats, a/c, auto-pilot, mini-keg w/ electric nozzle, remote control start, what else, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....oh yea, hydraulic ground-to-seat lift. All of these are important to have on your gl1100, I agree. But when is too much......too much?

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I here ya,I myself am fine without it or the heated close,but I am from michigan after all.
And yes I agree that the one element in the seat is better than two in the hand,jacket,pants,....but Im not sure the amps of either.

I did see just the other day in a dorman/motormite flyer that they are offering replacemant seat elements for cars with heated seats,would probably work fine,but I have them in the car and find it slightly uncomfortable after a couple minutes.

Does anyone offer a seat cooler? :lol: :smilie_happy: :clapping:

I thought it could be a good alternative to a heated vest or jacket with the advantage of being there when you needed it, instead of being left home to provide space for something else. We on the Olympic Peninsula are blessed with near year around riding weather, but it can turn from a warm sunny day to nasty cold real quick, and the best way to stay warm is to keep your core temperature up.