Hello Fellow Wingnuts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmofo

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been riding a while but am fairly new to forums and the like. Also, just joined GWRRA and look forward to the benefits of that. I ride an '81 GL1100 that I dearly love and am, in fact, leaving for Colorado (from northern Minnesota) this coming Saturday morning (7/24). We (my wife Sue and I) will celebrate 25 years of wedded bliss on the 26th, hopefully somewhere with a good view (and a firm mattress). As I'm sure you all know, getting parts and accessories for the old birds continues to get harder, so I'm looking forward to the collected wisdom and resources I'm sure you'll gladly share.

I started with an Artic Cat "Scat" many, many years ago, had an '80 CB900 Custom, and now have the GL1100. Someday I hope to add a newer bike, but for now the old girl just keeps purring down the road. Gotta love those Wings.

Chaz

Howdy Chaz, welcome to the forums.

That should make for a nice trip!

We love pictures here so post some of your bike and especially of the road trip.
I've never been to Colorado, I hear it's nice. I was born in Mn.

If posting photos is as hard as the time I'm having trying to post a photo of myself as an avatar, I don't know if it'll be worth the effort. I can't seem to make a photo smaller than 130 X 171 and it needs it no bigger than 130 X 160.

chazmofo":e0vzni5l said:
If posting photos is as hard as the time I'm having trying to post a photo of myself as an avatar, I don't know if it'll be worth the effort. I can't seem to make a photo smaller than 130 X 171 and it needs it no bigger than 130 X 160.

The avatar size restriction is to prevent overwhelming image sizes. There are already too many large images in member's signature line.

Posting pictures and uploading a avatar is only hard until you figure out how.

If you want you can send me the avatar photo and I'll do it for you.
[email protected] goes directly to me.

Oh, and Omega Man can help also. Thanks ~O~!

Welcome chaz,I think you will like it here. :salute:
You will eventually,like most of us have learned,love your 1100 so much,a newer bike will hardly appeal to you anymore.At least not if a trade-in is required. :nea:

You will also enjoy the benifets of GWRRA.Im a bit to young for the "Chapter Life"thing,and the mag(Wing World) tends to get a little to hung up on WingDing 12 months out of the year,but the tech section is good,And the GOLD BOOK and RESCUE PLUS is well worth every dime.
The road side assistance and 100 mile towing not only cover my bike,but also my cars.Including the one my collage going daughter drives :Awe: .That alone is worth it,everyhting else is a bonus. Tory

Hey, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and a special thanks to Omega Man for the link to the pic resizing program. Slick? Just what the doctor ordered. Looking forward to learning more and sharing what little I know.

Hey Chaz and welcome from west central Illinois. If collective wisdom is what you are looking for, you'll sure find it here. These guys have raised me up from a GW dullard to a fully functioning idiot in just a few weeks. Seriously though...this place rocks :rocks: .

Welcome to the CGW forums, Chaz!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Latest posts