Hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2_Wing

Reaction score
44 yo biker here, went 20 years with no bike while raising kids. 6 years ago bought an 83 VT750C Shadow to relearn on.Last year traded it for my current ride, an 82 Standard with Vetter fairing. Went through belts, carbs, brakes, forks, new fluids, tires, plugs, wires, grips, cables, etc... removed Vetter fairing and added Interstate fairing and bags. So currently, its black with an Aspencade gray fairing and wineberry bags needing paint....love it!!! Rides like a Caddy compared to the Shadow.....great site by the way.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Oops double post, so Ill just edit it to say that Monrovia is in central Indiana, just off I-70 10 miles or so southwest of Indianapolis...Meet and Greet huh? Not sure this weekend will be good for me however, Ill have to check, hmmm...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91162#p91162:37x0leqc said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 am[/url]":37x0leqc]
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Curious.....in your opinion, how does the Honda fairing compare to the Vetter?

Ive ridden it more now with the Hondaline fairing and the Windjammer V didnt have lowers. But for comfort I actually thoughg the Vetter blocked more wind. I bought a new SlupStreamer winshield for the Honda fairing which was the standard one, not the overzize wraparound one. The Vetter was a great fairing, I basically just prefer the looks of the Honda.

Welcome to the forum, yep the GL is a smooth ride indeed. Looks like your in a position for some custom colors too. I have seen some nice looking aftermarket colors on these bikes, the factory colors were not many.