Hey from Western Maryland

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwcfifi

Reaction score
I have a 83 Interstate barn(wet garage) find. It was last fired in the early 90's. The brakes, clutch, starter, pistons ect were all locked up. Now after two years of tinkering its time to put the rebuilt carbs back on. The tank was rusty so I battery charged a peice of rebarb and removed the rust from a donor tank. I took the local DMV mc course and got legal. I was in a hurry to ride so I picked up a 75 GL1000 that was restored several years ago. I got one ride out of her and she coughed her last drop of gas from another rusty tank. So much for my luck!! The gas gauge was broken and I was told she only had 85 miles on a full tank of gas. I did look in the tank and thought I saw a reflection from the gas. Both of the bikes rode together back in the 80's. Verified by the owner of the 75 with his diary album of bike runs. Both bikes belonged to two city cops that rode for the Blue Knights of Md. I hope to have the 83 running by the end of summer. Tom

Welcome to the CGW forums, Tom!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
We gotta see some pics of both of them! :beg:

Thanks for the welcomes. I will post some pics in the future. I have not been on a bike for for many years. The 75 wing does feel uncomfortable at this time. It was taken down to Pistol Petes for a carb rebuild, water pump, t belts, several years ago.

Latest posts