honda goldwing repair needed

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerald

Reaction score
I KNOW I'M NOT , MORE THAN LIKELY IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS ,BUT PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I'M A OLD MEMBER,AND I HAVE RETURNED. I REALLY NEED A HONDA REPAIR PERSON! I LIVE IN ALABAMA AND CAN CARRY MY BIKE TO A SERVICE MAN. I LIVE IN TUSCALOOSA AND WE HAVE SOME GOOD REPAIR PEOPLE HERE ,BUT THEY STAY BOOKED UP.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A FEW PEOPLES NAMES AND NUMBERS SO I CAN CALL THEM. I 'M JUST TOO OLD TO DO REPAI NOW.I DO STILL LIKE TO RIDE. ANYONE THAT CAN SEND, NAMES AND NUMBERS PLEASE SEND ME A FEW PEOPLE THAT'S HONEST AND GOOD REPAIR PERSON. SEND THEM TO GERALD AT [email protected] THANKS

A couple of thoughts Gerald. Keep in mind I too am getting older and starting to question how long I'll be able to push this around the garage to keep riding it! I keep my '83 aspencade because it's such a nice ride, but I could never justify the cost of someone else maintaining it or doing repairs, they want just too much money to even look at it and some shops don't even want to work on it. I put a new water pump in last spring, the whole job probably cost me $150 and took a bunch of hours because I work slow and careful. The hardest part was getting the bike up on my harbor freight lift and putting it on the center stand!
All the instructions were either in the book or on the web.
If you don't think you have the mechanical skills, we can help you. If you lack the knowledge, we can cover that too. If you just don't feel like working on a bike anymore, maybe what you need is a newer model that doesn't need work. Case in point, I bought a new harley in 2008 and I haven't done anything to it except tires and fluids which were done by the dealer while it was in for winter storage as part of the storage pakage deal. (I didn't want it in my shop for the winter due to possible cosmetic damage, while working on other bikes and stuff)

Just my two cents, don't take offense...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. YOUR ANSWER WAS ON THE SPOT.WHAT I HATE IS HAVING TO TAKE ALMOST NOTHING FOR MY BIKES. I WAS OFFERED 2500.00 FOR MY VALKYRIE 1997 LOOKS NEW TO ME. I JUST BOUGHT A 1983 ASPENCADE 1100 WITH 43,00 0 MILES SECOND OWNER. I HAVE TO MANY HEALTH PROBLEM TO KEEP BIKES UP. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. GERALD

I don't know about your health problems, or what limitations they create, but a motorcycle lift and a good stool may help you DIY.

Otherwise, I don't know. It's getting harder and harder to find a trustworthy mechanic that's willing to work on old bikes.