hondaline fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred2012

Reaction score
Hey guys, i will be installing a hondaline fairing. Is there an easy way to get at the headlight in the fairing? Looking at it, it does not appear that the fairing comes apart, or at least on the one that i have. My thought is, as long as i have it off now, i may as well put a new bulb in there and be done with it.

other will chime in here ...im thinking you do it from the front ....ive never changed mine yet on the honda fairing yet ...i know vetter is in the front ....i will look at mine when i go out :mrgreen:

The headlight comes out as an assembly after removing the adjuster knob, nut and washer on the backside in front of where the gauges would be when the fairing is installed.
The adjuster knob has a tiny Allen head set screw that has to be loosened first to come off.

ok cool, i will look again tonight. i thought i screwed it up when i loosened that knob and the screw fell out.

I'm working from memory here (because it's raining right now) BUT my Interstate had it's wiring under the false tank right under the fuse block, my friend's Aspencade on the other hand had it just barely under the false tank I think.
Once the rain quits and drys up a bit I'll try and remember to take a look and verify where it actually is as to where I recall it is.

I you have a standard it probably doesn't have a plug so you would have to wire it yourself (I seem to recall a post on that in another forum).

BTW this post probably should be in the tech section, just a heads up.

Latest posts