Hot today in Nashville

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA-wing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been riding all week and when I left work this afternoon it really seemed hot. Look at the temp gauge. I got stuck on the interstate for over an hour and I almost started to make it a clothing optional commute. The temp was almost hugging the 120 mark.

Attachments

• Hot day in Nashville 6-28-12.jpg
    Hot day in Nashville 6-28-12.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 153
I thought it might cool down once I got moving, but it only got hotter. Good thing though, the engine temp stayed just slightly above normal. When I got off at my exit, stopped at the local market for gas, filled up and went inside. Ended up perusing the selections in the "Beer Cave" for about 10 minutes. :smilie_happy: When I got home, the outside temp was 107, they're calling for 112 tomorrow. Trying to decide whether to ride the bike or take the truck with the AC tomorrow.

Your bike is a good example how they run when the cooling system is working well.
I've been in similar temps and know all it takes is one part not doing what it should at the right time to shut it down.

Chickened out today, took the cage. Good thing too, got caught on the interstate again. Took over an 1.5 hour to do a normal 30 minute commute. Cars stalled on both sides of the road. Tossed a bottle of water to a guy on a Harley.....He ducked.... :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• Too Dam Hot today.jpg
    Too Dam Hot today.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 105
boy i'm glad that heat is there and not here,its only 103 here and not alot of people riding around..... :yes:

It's so hot around here I'm not even getting the Wing out to ride 92* with a dew point of 74 :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat:

99 here in the Great White North AND I WOULD TAKE THIS 365 DAYS A YEAR WAHOOOOOOO!!!

gonna get the scooter out again this weekend for sure !!!

ok guys i know it's been hot.but just think we don't have on a 60 lbs back pack ,and 120 degrees.and don;t have a chance of running over a bomb. just saying thanks to our vets. so do we really have it so bad?

mwbill37841":nrcgs8oi said:
ok guys i know it's been hot.but just think we don't have on a 60 lbs back pack ,and 120 degrees.and don;t have a chance of running over a bomb. just saying thanks to our vets. so do we really have it so bad?

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Latest posts