How do you work on your bike?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
handyrandy":1iho0ku5 said:
30 inches is 2 1/2 foot.

Really? Hold on, let me confirm that with my buddy, who's an engineer...

Hey Ralph! Is 30 inches 2 1/2 foot or 2 1/2 feet? Oh, ok...let me tell him.

Ok, I checked with Ralph. He said 30 inches, plus the 4" of block I put under the frame of the bike is 86.36 cm, which is "about 3 feet".

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Seriously, I didn't know I had to be so precise when talking about the height of my lift. When I mentioned mine being about the same height as the HF lift, plus the 4" of blocking I use, we're only talking a difference of 2", right? 2" equals 1/6'.

That's not a lot, unless you ask my wife. I told her on our wedding night that 2" is HUGE, and looks the same as 10".

I'll remember to be a little more precise in talking about the height of my lift in the future...I'm gonna have a drink now. :salute:

//I really like the lift you made.

Since the video you posted showed a red lift, and you said 3 ft, and the blue one on harbor freight said 2 1/2 feet, it appeared that there was different models represented and I was just stating the differences in case there was a buying choice to be made by someone. 6 in is a big difference to me.

handyrandy":1kvl9f82 said:
I like the 30 in height on the one we are talking about. It is blue, so it must be different that the red one. 3 ft would be better though.

I have the same one.The blue is in there adds,but the stores carry red.Around here anyway.

It works awsome for my cb500,but takes a bit of blocking to clear the exhuast on the wing.With the hack on I just use a friends automotive hoist for tires and such.For an oil change its just quicker with out.

I have a good size barn.24 X 60.1/3 of it is dirt floor for "future project storage" and 2/3 of it is concrete.1/2 of the concrete side has a pit and high ceiling,And the other 1/2 has a 8 foot ceiling with storage upstairs and heat and A/C (window shaker)makes for a great work shop about 24 X 20.

I have a cycle floor jack.. gots about 20" and if I am at home.. it is white rock gravel in my shorts and if at a friends place.. garage and concrete floor.. still same jack though..

To be completly honest in most cases,when I am just tinkering,I prefer to work in the driveway.It is paved and has a wonderfull big maple tree to keep you cool.

If we didnt like the outdoors,we be driving cars now wouldnt we. :smilie_happy:

handyrandy":32luryd3 said:
Since the video you posted showed a red lift, and you said 3 ft, and the blue one on harbor freight said 2 1/2 feet, it appeared that there was different models represented and I was just stating the differences in case there was a buying choice to be made by someone. 6 in is a big difference to me.

Shoot, as long as I can work on my bike without using the creeper, I'm fine.

Tory":3urb0518 said:
......when I am just tinkering,I prefer to work in the driveway.......:

Me too, gives a lot more room to move around the bike. Of course now I have so much junk in the garage there's no choice but to move it out. :oops:

Latest posts