How many brushes are in a 1981 GL1100i starter?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody...

so I have seen rebuild videos for starters that show both 2 and 4 brush sets in the starters. I am about to pull mine and I bought a rebuild kit (not from ebay, from a wing supplier here in delaware, everythingwing.com, if you haven't been there they have an actual store dedicated to the wing and an ebay store too, I went to the store, I live close)

Anyway, the regular manager wasn't there but the person who helped me got me the kit another owner pointed me to, correct part no. and all, but since I haven't cracked it yet I wanted to ask - the kit has two brushes, a vid. I just watched seemed to use a 1500 wing and it had 4. I know I can buy brushes cheap so if I need more I'll get em, just curious.

She's running great, all the wiring I had to cut out and replace is working great now, she rides like a dream but I'm a little tired of pop starting so I hope I can get this fixed tomorrow morning.