I desperately need assistance

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87 restore

Reaction score
can anyone snap me a picture of the rear final drive where it meets the rear wheel flange I am having big problems with installation and could really use a snap shot preferably 86-87

Is this what your looking for ? This is 86 Aspy.
IMG01961-20130531-2131.jpg
Pay no attention to the brass fitting if it shows up.

Attachments

• IMG01261-20120808-1402.jpg
    IMG01261-20120808-1402.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 208
Backlander thanks for the reply but no, I took a picture from your thread and marked it in red where the black plastic ring is attachted on the final rive housing there is a 1/4" lip on the rear wheel flange should there be a gap between the two when they meet up? the reason I ask is when I get the rear wheel t in up on the final drive and I have the first spacer in on the left hand side hold the rear caliper mount up to it I do not have enough space to put in the last spacer like the wheel is not seated on the final far enough also do you know if gear lube will run out of end (marked in blue) if this part is hanging down at any certain time? while trying to fit the final on the wheel sometimes end would point down and fluid would run out

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    75 KB · Views: 185
Yes, I did get the rear wheel installed. but not I have a slight ticking problem and it sounds like its coming from the driveshaft/knuckle area I took the complete assembly back off pulled the bolts out for the swingarm so I could back it out alittle and started bike Noise Gone. It has to be coming from driveshaft/ knuckle area

I had a problem with a noise coming from the rear of mine when I put it back together. There is a "retainer", (shim), very thing piece of metal that goes between the top of the caliper and the caliper mount bracket and it straddles the rotor. It was missing when I took mine apart so I got one off the parts bike, noise left. Rear suspension still didn't feel right so I loosened all rear mounting bolts, swing arm, lower shock, caliper mount, caliper, pinch bolt, axle nut and four nuts on front of final drive. Bounced the whole rear of the bike four or five times, and started torquing all the bolts going towards rear, beginning with the swing arm. All my problems disappeared.

Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow thanks to all who tried to help with this problem. Very much appreciate it. Finally after 3.5 yrs. she is a roller again. what the problem was is that I did not have swing arm bolts seated in enough and swing arm made the driveshaft not true to each other .

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=120642#p120642:mu8baklh said:
Wildwing » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:30 am[/url]":mu8baklh]
Oh Crap...where does the forgetting stuff "part" go???
I forget!!! :shock: :wave: :Egyptian:

Latest posts