I hate flying

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyb

Reaction score
I am not a bit scared to fly and it does not bother me much when I am on one of those super bumpy flights, but I hate it. I feel scrunched in the tiny seat and I am not into sitting still for that long. Well, I happened to be in DC the last couple of days and needless to say my travel plans took a big whack today. My flight out of DC, scheduled for 3:40 was already canceled at 9:30 this morning. I like my coworkers and all, but I had no interest in being snowed under in a city that does not have the resources to fix it.

So after checking various options, I ended up getting a rental and driving to the Richmond airport to fly out. Well, you guessed it, my flight was delayed and I missed my connection in Charlotte. Now I am sitting here hoping that I get bumped up from stand-by status for the last flight to Lexington for the day. If not, it is overnight in Charlotte and getting home tomorrow.

I am thankful to be out of DC, but, man I hate flying. :Awe:

I feel your pain!! :cheeky:
I leave on Monday for Seattle and I think the seats get smaller all of the time! 6 hours one way! I haven't even ridden my wing that long at one sitting! I have to make the Seattle trip every month!

mcgovern61":2uolxasi said:
I leave on Monday for Seattle and I think the seats get smaller all of the time! 6 hours one way! I haven't even ridden my wing that long at one sitting! I have to make the Seattle trip every month!

Are you folks getting hit by this storm? Maybe the airport will be closed and you will have to stay home.

I dont like to fly if over a couple hours, I start to get claustrophobic which is pretty new for me.
The last time was to Maui when all the windows were shut and they put a movie on.
I shiver when thinking about it, just about had the panic set in. :head bang:

Andyb":2qg1dsze said:
mcgovern61":2qg1dsze said:

Are you folks getting hit by this storm? Maybe the airport will be closed and you will have to stay home.

Yea, we are getting it right now! I just fixed the carbs on my snow blower. We are expecting 12" - 24" by Sat night. No biggie, it is February. My flight isn't until Monday PM and Philly airport should be clear by then (except for all of those others who had cancelled flights and still need to get home!) :swoon:

Do you guys really have to talk about flying?? Ive been working at the orlando airport for almost 6 years and dont want to read about flights :cheeky: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Yeah theres been alot of cancelled flights today and theres going to be alot canceled tomorrow too
Today i wasnt checking in passengers so i didn't have to deal with their whining but i will tomorrow :Awe: :lol:

Latest posts