I have a new family true.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianstaley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, something absolutely unbelievable happened to me yesterday. My lost family in America found me yesterday, My real mom left the UK with her new husband a GI to go live in America, and my Brothers widow found me yesterday. I have two Sisters too and about 49 other immediate family in the states. I am still the oldest at 64 but I feel like a kid with a new toy.
I found out that my mother died in 1990 1 year before I got diagnosed with cancer early and saved my life, My brother Glenn died in August last year. So how about that then fellow Wing rider Brothers I got some real family there too.

Gona ask for an American Passport for Christmas. Yipiiiiieee!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

You're never alone, Ian! That's some good news there! :Egyptian: :clapping:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153651#p153651:38grjk9w said:
Omega Man » Today, 10:03 am[/url]":38grjk9w]
Sorry for your losses but very happy for your gains Ian! :salute: Come to Vegas and I'll buy the first round.
Just tell me when and I'll be there to buy the second round.
Congrats Ian!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153651#p153651:35rhj0px said:
Omega Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:03 am[/url]":35rhj0px]
Sorry for your losses but very happy for your gains Ian! :salute: Come to Vegas and I'll buy the first round.
I couldn't even get you to have time off for a beer when I was in town Randy! :smilie_happy:

Life is full of interesting developments Ian, congratulations on your new relatives. :good:

Thanks to all for your kind words, mu whole world has been turned upside down and I am so emotional, I just keep bawling every 5 minutes or instant msg I get form My brother and sisters extended family. My facebook has gone crazy. The thing that brought it home most was a picture sent to me by Karla, my sister in law that made the first connection was a photo she sent to me, she said her husband Glen and my mother treasured it. It was a little 5 x 4 black and white picture of me, I knew it was me straight away I have a similar picture in the same clothes in a different garden mine at home, it was Elwood my to be step dad holding my hand. I just broke up and still am doing. Hell who would know how much water a guy of 64 can produce in a day.

So thanks again guy's, I have discovered what SD stands for South Dakota, hell the bad lands isn't it. I have one sister Darlene she live in Missourie and the my other sister Dawn in also a SD resident. So guess I might be asking Mr Obama for a passport :smilie_happy: so I had better start saving and get me and my wife Elisabeth over to the States. I might have to come for a month to get every one in for a beer. :yahoo:

Best part of South Dakota is all that Black Hills riding apart from your family reunion :yes:
I think that they still accept pommy passports in the US Ian :smilie_happy:

what a surprise.... :salute: :salute: but i hope that doesnt happen to me.... i have enough family here , and i spend a lot of time trying my hardest to get away from most of them.. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Happy for you. South Dakota is a large diverse state. The central and eastern part is all prairies, farmland, field after field and some rolling hills. The western part is the Black Hills and really a unique and captivating place. The Badlands start with rather strange looking clay hills giving way to 7000 foot mountains of mostly evergreen trees and granite. It is up in elevation enough that there are no mosquitoes or other insect pests. The southwest corner has underground hot springs. Hope you get to go and meet your kin. It's nicer in the spring, summer or fall. Much drier air than what you'll be used to.

I know a pommy passport is ok, but noting beats asking at my age 64 for an American one here in the UK at the Embassy, I can see them laughing till I them about my family here, watch the blood drain from their faces. :hihihi: :yahoo:

Latest posts