I need to vent

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmopars

Reaction score
Well, I am not angry with anyone, just frustrated that I can not ride. So, several months ago I decided to replace the cam seals on my 1100. I pulled them out and ended up pulling the bike farther apart. I am glad I did, I pulled the heads and found that the valves were getting a little burned around the edges, not bad, but still needing work. So I reground the seats, cleaned up the valves and lapped them. I also decided to do an alternator conversion. I made the brackets and the new pulley, mounted everything and I still have some work to do.
Now we are moving into a new house and having to work on it before we can move in next month. So, my bike is apart just needing to be put back together. The weather has been good off and on, even some sunny days. (good for the NW) It will be next week before the parts all get here and I hate this. I am itching to ride and my bike is apart.
So, just venting. I am sure I am not alone. I can not be the only one who took their bike apart and it has taken longer to get it back together than you wanted.
Well anyway, should be going soon. It should also run smoother now that all the valves will be sealing properly and it will not be dripping oil on my boots. :good:

Hang in there brother I think I understand. You are welcome to vent anytime. BTW I simply must rub it in a little, it was near 70f today and I rode Crystal home in short sleeves. :Doh2: :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :whistling:

~O~

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108567#p108567:22zfhr56 said:
brianinpa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:37 pm[/url]":22zfhr56]
This is where MBS is a good thing! :good:

I have the 1100 torn apart, but the 1200 is sitting in the corner just waiting for ice to melt.
Which is why I have many.

I'm sort of in the same boat.
My forks have leaked all the fluid out from bad seals, I need to pull the fairing and check it over for cracks, I'm running a 10 year old rear tire.
All this with nice weather so I can't leave the neighborhood but I'm itching for a long day ride!

Now you have a good carby Dan ( and ignition) you need to have good tires and suspension to go with them :yes: :moped:

I have two bikes but between weather and rehabbing a house, I have not ridden in a while. I am pretty tired of this.

I woke up to 6 degrees this morning. :rant: No way I am riding in that! My wife and son are on their way to Denver where the highs are predicted to be 55. Where is the justice? :head bang:

23*?!? We're at 19* just a few miles south of you, Joe! :shock: :hihihi:
I haven been able to ride in several weeks, due to the weather....dagnabbit... :rant:

Here in the PNW it has been raining a little, then clear and sunny. Temps are low 30s to high 40s. I can ride in that. I just don't do ice.
I will be ordering the parts for the bike tonight, should ser them by next week, or even sooner. I may wait to finish the alternator conversion till more bad weather hits.

WOW,, Everyone is having Problems riding.. I am in Perfect weather for riding and no bike... Mine is in storage ,at home as I am a snow bird in my RV in AZ.. live in CAL. so waiting for May to head back and RIDE RIDE RIDE... Love my GW..When I do get home to ride first thing is to fix the turn signal issue.. Ok,, ya all take care,, have fun riding...

Just be glad you are not like the fish in Norway frozen in shallow water.. thousands of them... and a fix froze in a lake.. and a mouse also.. I like a house.. no need to go where the water kills ya

Latest posts