IBA Pre-Approved Rides starting & ending in Michigan

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152927#p152927:3qafdrx7 said:
TCF » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:16 am[/url]":3qafdrx7]
Yep, my first Iron Butt ride and the '83 Wing ran flawlessly. :good: I'm looking forward to more! Nice job, Jim!
file.php

Tom:

I'm hoping next year to ride my GL1100I on the MIO SS1K Ride. Then I can put the IBA plate backer on it. Doesn't feel right to me to put a backer on a bike I own without actually doing a ride with it first.

But need to replace the timing belt and tensioner pulleys before then. And mount some LED spotlights.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157782#p157782:1cky8pwu said:
TCF » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:36 pm[/url]":1cky8pwu]
I'll be interested to find out how the Race Tech suspension mods work for you. I'm still using Progressive springs but might try Race Tech if you like them.

Forgot about the front suspension, Tom.

Yup, need to install the Sonic straight wound springs ( a little less than the RaceTech springs ) and the RaceTech Emulators. Parts have been received , just need to find the time to install them. After I do that, I'll give the front end a test on my local "bumpy" road. Can't hardly feel the bumps when riding over them on my ST1100 with the RaceTech springs and Gold Valve ( right fork ) and Emulator ( left fork ).

Since the GL1100I doesn't have a valve in either of the front forks ( both have piston dampers ) , both sides get an Emulator. The Emulator emulates a valve ( really ?? ) . The Emulator controls the compression damping and the weight of the fork fluid tunes the rebound damping. The Emulator is tunable too. There is a small spring on the Emulator who's pre-load tension can be adjusted. And RaceTech says the anti-dive isn't necessary with the Emulators. The anti-dive should be disabled.

I'll keep you posted after the installation.