I'm starting to worry about theft...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigAndrew":1su1vui8 said:
mcgovern61":1su1vui8 said:
Better sleep with one eye open......... :smilie_happy:

No need for that... I have a trained monkey with a shotgun to watch the bike :lol: :lol:

kinda like this one :lol: :salute:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4T9q5Nr4Zo[/video]

My 15 year old daughter is starting to date, where can I get one of those? :smilie_happy:

If I had a theft problem I would bait them with a junker, but rig it so the seat would perform some sort of explosive movement I would best leave to anyones imagination. Lets just call it for patents sake, The motocastrator.

We bought a wire cable/rope which is 5 meters long and are using a disc lock in the eyes folded back on itself to make it hard to get bolt cutters at the lock. The wire rope is supposed to fold when you try to use bolt cutters to cut it. A nice cordless grinder with a cut off wheel will cut through anything though. Atm it is around the gum tree and the bottom of our farm gate as well as the padlocked chain on the top of the gate. I figure if I ever get to stop using it on the front gate I can then use it to secure the bikes together.

Reminds me of a yacht owner that was constantly losing gas.
So he puts a gas cap over the sewage holding tank.
Thieves instead pump out a hundred gallons of effluent instead.

Pretty tough to pick these GL`s up but never park with enough room on either side that a low trailer can be parked allongside and the bike tipped over onto it. Locking it up with a good cable lock will keep it from being pushed away and an alarm could be installed, maybe a real simple and small one since all you need is a shock sensor and a siren, it could be small enough to put into a saddlebag with the siren hidden somewhere outside on the bike.

I knew a guy who had a problem like that once........ he bought a 9mm , he put a spent shell on the seat with a note saying , I got 8 more in the gun , and 'm looking at you right now , soooo , go on , Make My Day........LOL

They sell these small remote controlled blinking LEDs that i would probably mount where its can be seen, its a very small blink blink that many alarm systems at least the real ones use. Plus a Lojack decal or something similar that says this bike is being tracked 24/7. Otherwise I say your lifestyle of being a Wing owner dictates you take security seriously. Or mandates a different style of living. Out it sight unseen, make that shelter difficult to gain entry to, make bike very difficult to move quickly, or surround bike parking area with guinea hens, geese or a bunch of hyper Pomeranians.

I was cased buy some people at my job site where I have kept most of my bikes because its where my tools were, so that evening I removed the better ones to a different location. Too many hungry pissed off people out there without work for too long of a time. Even older Goldwings can be chopped up and sold on ebay at some decent prices. Just a battery cover pays for a week of groceries if taken from a gl1500.