introduction.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85goldwing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to this forum, not to motorcycling or working on my bikes. Currently working on a carb rebuilt for 1981 GL1100 for a friend. This bike has been out of use for about 20 years. We'll see where it leads me. My ride is a 1985 GL1200I. This will be the next one on the lift. It needs a water pump and maybe i will have to put a charging system in it as the stock one seems to be failing. Most likely due to the heat build up from the water pump issue. In browsing around i have seen a youtube video for a "Pathfinder #H4F3 L.E.D". This would be a great addition for my GL and i am wondering if anyone knows where they can be purchased? or any issues from current owners of this conversion. Lots of critters here in in Mn. more light would be a welcome addition. Thanks for any help and letting me join another forum for us older bike lovers

Welcome to the forum, 20 years is a long time, hopefully they were dry. Mine were flooded 23 years and had to buy another set just to keep my sanity..I bought 82 carbs for my 80 that way I had the removable slow jets instead of the press fit 80-81, all around a good move.
Sorry to hear about your charging problem, sure and check output first, there are other causes of poor voltage like the connecting block with the 3 yellow stator wires near the battery, regulator of course but you probably know all that.
I would say if you have to replace the stator might as well pull it to do the water pump too, will be much easier I think.
The LED driving lights are pretty cool if you need them, they dont draw like the halogen do.
Good luck with it all and holler if you need advice.

thanks everyone for the welcome. Hi Steve83 it is indeed a small world. I grew up in Cottage Grove myself, west side of the highway 3 doors from the muni pool. Lots of history in CG. Just for the record, I had -10 this morning. Good thing my ride is apart or i might have been tempted to go for a short ride, or maybe not. :moped:

Latest posts