Jacwal Superwedge Fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Slowly piecing together and idea for the 83 Interstate I just bought. Plastic all broken so...........let the imagination run wild. I have had a Superwedge Faring for some time but no mounting hardware. I know I could figure it out and build my own custom mounts but it would be a lot easier if I could see how they were mounted on the 1000's. Any information that would help with this would be appreciated. Also dug out my Dec. 77 Rider mag with the complete fairing evaluation article but no mounting info. ????????

most COs used the vetter mount, i'd start with that and if required, modding it

Just a thought here.. you try to set it on the current mounts fir the interstate and see where it differs yet? Maybe not far off and can be modified or an adapt mount be made to fit it....

Actually making good progress on this one. After some internet searching I found a picture from a sidecar rally in 2012 with a name on it. Got in touch with a good friend in Southern California who was able to find and make contact with the person. They have a Superwedge on a GL1000/Motorvation Spyder rig. I now have an email and phone number to contact them. :music: :music: :music:

The person with the Superwedge got back to me and says he has a lot of info possibly including the mounting instructions. :music:

Heading home for Christmas tomorrow so hoping to be able to get together with him to make copies after I get back. Can't believe after years of searching I may finally have scored. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just talked to the person with the Superwedge instructions etc. He does not want to send them to me to copy and I don't blame him. They are kind of rare. LOL Anyone near Simi Valley CA? He is willing to get together with somebody and get them copied. Any help appreciated. :help:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107226#p107226:3nxrwm3e said:
dan filipi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 pm[/url]":3nxrwm3e]
Simi Valley is just over the hill for me.
Send me a PM with his Email or phone number and we'll try to get together.

Thanks Dan. PM sent

Sparrow, I talked to Jerry in Simi.

He asked what all your after parts wise, said the front fender has to be cut to install and he has an extra one if you need it.

He can't meet today but Tuesday should be ok.
He'd meet me at a copy place to run off copies of the instructions. I'll call to meet up after noon sometime.

I suggest calling him today because he may have other parts could help you out with the install?
I could get them on Tuesday.

Latest posts