Looking at floorboards

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had those but at 5'7" they didn't work for me. My legs just weren't long enough. Previous owner was a big man and loved them and couldn't understand why I would remove them.

I'm 6' 5 & 1/2 " 230 lb.... and I have the same thing on mine...and I really like them , and the Heel Toe shifter too. I Love Them .

I tryed a set a few years back.
No trouble reaching,and I did enjoy the extra footing options,but never could adjust to the shifter.I finally removed them and sold them.

They seem to be a love em or hate em kinda thing.

yep, I think thats right..... at first I had a little trouble missing 2nd. gear....but after adjusting it a little...and me getting used to it , Now , I Love it all

I have Markland boards front and rear on mine. I like them otay, but...unless you have really tiny feets, the fronts really don't do much. They sit kinda up under the heads of the engine, and really don't give ya much room to actually put yer feets. Mama likes the ones on the rear fine, tho.

I have the problem where when i'm not thinking about it my toe hits the ground. BUT i am worried that these will stick out further than the stock pegs. i like my clearance. But am thinking about them.

If you think of it and get them could you measure how far they stick out further than the stock pegs and if anything sticks out lower...

Boards will sit farther forward than pegs...and lower. They WILL grind on the ground in a hard, leaning turn. Mine grind even when turning at a stop light, if it's a tight turn. Kinda scary at first, then ya get used to it. Good thing they pivot!

Actually inspecting the bike when I made it home. My exhaust bolts were what hit. PO installed them so the extra part of the bolt stuck stright out. Looks like I can gain more by flipping them over.

Bloodbeard":25unaabt said:
Actually inspecting the bike when I made it home. My exhaust bolts were what hit. PO installed them so the extra part of the bolt stuck stright out. Looks like I can gain more by flipping them over.
They look like the aftermarket type I had on mine:
Copy of DSC00385.JPG

If they look the same to you, check your rear brake pedal adjuster when the bike is on the side stand......when you go from stock to aftermarket, the pedal had to be adjusted to not touch the exhaust...the aftermarket exhaust does not taper like OEM at that point and it causes the brakes to hang up after riding for a while.

I'm large at 6' -265 I just took off the peg's for the floorboards, I liked the pegs but on long trips the floorboards are the ticket man..Get the floorboards...Is what I say..They look great too...

To me at 6' 3" investing in some good quality highway pegs will be money better spent.
I have forward pegs now but not large enough. They work better for me to get my legs stretched out.

Oh yeh, I have a set of those too, you gotta get the Highway peg's too, after a few hours or so you will really enjoy the leg extension, everytime I lay them out there my brain says oh man that's nice..