Looking for assistance with seat project. - Printed source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Placerville

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentleman,

I'm trying to complete a project that identifies all GL seats from the naked years ('75-'84). It's purpose is to assist owners with the, "Will this seat fit my GL" type question. The thread will show every model seat made, it's pan and it's ability to fit other year GL's of the above years. The thread will be posted at the NGW and here if there's interest. I'm currently 95% completed with this project but, I require some missing information that I can't seem to locate so I'm casting my net out as far as I can e.g., here, Saunders, CWC etc.

From '82 to '84, Honda introduced various color combinations on the Interstate and Aspencade. With these new colors came a two-tone seat. The information I cannot locate is: What were the color combinations of the seats placed on the Interstate and Aspencade for years shown below?

If you know the answer to any of the models below or, better yet, if you are aware of any printed media that provides the information, please give me a hand. Note that the Honda Motorcycle Identification Guide does not contain this info. Thank you in advance for your help.

1982 Standard
Black - Black seat
Cosmo Black Metallic - ?
Candy Wineberry Red - ?

1982 Interstate
Black - Black seat
Cosmo Black Metallic - ?
Candy Wineberry Red - ?

1982 Aspencade
Sterling Silver Metallic / Tempest Grey Metallic - Two-tone Grey
Sorrel Brown Metallic / Harvest Gold Metallic - ?

1983 Standard
Black - Black seat
Candy Regal Brown - ?

1983 Interstate
Black - Black seat
Candy Regal Brown - ?

1983 Aspencade
Nimbus Grey Metallic / Achilles Black Metallic - ?
Candy Wineberry Red / Bramble Red Metallic - ?

1984 Standard
Black - Black seat
Candy Wineberry Red - ?

1984 Interstate
Candy Wineberry Red - ?
Pearl Siren Blue - ?
Senior Grey Metallic - ?

1984 – Aspencade
Pearl Satin Red / Century Brown Metallic - ?
Premium Beige Metallic / Grace Brown Metallic - ?
Pearl Siren Blue / Achilles Black Metallic - ?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113968#p113968:2ansn7pb said:
Steve83 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:02 pm[/url]":2ansn7pb]
This is all I could find - it's in the '80-'82 Parts Manual, in the gallery. The '83 and '84 manual don't seem to have this chart:

Thank you, Steve83. This is exactly the kind of reference material I'm looking for. I've added the info to my list. Very helpful.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113967#p113967:105qbgth said:
brianinpa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 pm[/url]":105qbgth]
Having seen both the offerings of the 84 Standard, they were both Black seats.
Thank you. I'll include this.

Latest posts