Looking to replace gl1100 horns

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, and others have used the Stebil Nautilus/Wolo Bad Boy horns...dang LOUD, and fairly easy to mount. :good:

You can use the same wiring that is connected to the factory horns, but in order to get the best sound, you need to run the relay that will come with the horn(s). I just connected mine to the factory wiring, and it worked, but after running it thru the relay(at a later date), it made a huge difference. :yes:

Is there some nice shiny chrome ones like the stock ones out there? I am happy with the stock ones it's just the chrome is looking awful due to Rat pee :(

I use the Stebil Nautilus and it is great! I also hooked it up to the horn button via the original wires. The horn came with the relay and wiring kit to attach directly to the battery.

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148834#p148834:2gfvqlyi said:
mcgovern61 » Yesterday, 10:33 pm[/url]":2gfvqlyi]
I use the Stebil Nautilus and it is great! I also hooked it up to the horn button via the original wires. The horn came with the relay and wiring kit to attach directly to the battery.

image.php

Yep, this is what I run. Works good, makes people jump. :yes:

This may be a silly question, but here goes. I've tried a few horns, including originals and replacements. I can't even get a good sound, just a clunk. Hadn't thought of running it through a relay, so I may try that next. Any suggestions? Thx!!

Yes you need to run it through a relay . I have Harbor freight chrome colored horns, $10.95 the pair. Installed the relay and they work very well. Use the horn button to energize the relay .

Latest posts