Markland trunk and saddlebag guard question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
Ok so I have a markland saddlebag and trunk guards I want to install them so that the lights work. I'm thinking of having them work with the marker lights but i'm unsure if this is a good idea. Should I just make them work with the switched body lights or should I wire them to their own switch and relay. If i wire them on their own I know what I need to do but to wire them to the makrer lights I dont know does anyone know how to do this.

Mine are connected to the tail light circuit, under the seat. They come on with the key on, same as the tail, and front marker lights. Prolly be better to wire them separate, and take the extra load off of the ignition switch. Guess it depends on how many lights you are adding.

CharlaineC":2go01aw2 said:
Ok so I have a markland saddlebag and trunk guards I want to install them so that the lights work. I'm thinking of having them work with the marker lights but i'm unsure if this is a good idea. Should I just make them work with the switched body lights or should I wire them to their own switch and relay. If i wire them on their own I know what I need to do but to wire them to the makrer lights I dont know does anyone know how to do this.
Do you make use of led lights as marker lights?

Ackwough":287yk0sx said:
CharlaineC":287yk0sx said:
Ok so I have a markland saddlebag and trunk guards I want to install them so that the lights work. I'm thinking of having them work with the marker lights but i'm unsure if this is a good idea. Should I just make them work with the switched body lights or should I wire them to their own led lighting switch and relay. If i wire them on their own I know what I need to do but to wire them to the makrer lights I dont know does anyone know how to do this.
Do you make use of led lights as marker lights?
I will have them soon and post my review.