mechanic wanted

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse.hunt

Reaction score
We have a 1983 GL1100 Aspencade that needs some help. It has been in storage for a year and now it won't start. The local Honda shop has agreed to work on it for us but I have been unemployed for 6 months and just don't have 'shop' money. We are looking for a mechanic in or near Olympia, WA who needs some extra cash. We can trailer the bike but don't want to go too far.
The problems:
It has been started several times over the last year but not is won't start. It has a new battery. It needs a tune up and oil change. Hopefully the carbs are ok.
The compressor the the air ride works but the shocks don't hold and we lost the spring for the adjustment.
The headlight works until you put it back together and the rim is damaged beyond use.
We have a new back tire that needs to be put on the bike.
Is there someone out there who can help us get our ride back on the road?
If I can't find someone to fix it for a reasonable charge, my BF is going to sell it and I want to ride!
Thank you!!!

Welcome to the forums mouse! Try looking in your area on craigslist, here in Vegas they pop up under "motorcycles for sale" I've looked in every Western state's craiglist and most larger cities have a posting for experienced goldwing mechanics looking for side work. Most have very reasonable rates.

Was the bike in an accident? Also, with little experience we can help you through most of your troubles, we have an awesome community here that is always willing to help. Start with one problem at a time, and together we just might get ya back on the road.

~O~

I never thought of trying Craigslist, good idea.

Metric sockets, wrenches, a few various "custom" tools, maybe a persuader or 2 anything can be repaired.
Just shout and we'll do the best we can to help you.

Thanks for the offers to help, guys! My whole problem is finding someone to do the work. My BF has his plate full of projects and does not want to do the work himself.
The local shop charges $75 an hour and is willing to work on the bike but I was hoping to find someone more "reasonable".
I have posted an ad on craigslist and have had a couple of responses but from way up north. No one local has responded, yet.
I will keep looking. If you know someone in Olympia WA who can fix my ride, hook me up!
Thanks you
Susan

mouse.hunt":14hrciwd said:
Thanks for the offers to help, guys! My whole problem is finding someone to do the work. My BF has his plate full of projects and does not want to do the work himself.
The local shop charges $75 an hour and is willing to work on the bike but I was hoping to find someone more "reasonable".
I have posted an ad on craigslist and have had a couple of responses but from way up north. No one local has responded, yet.
I will keep looking. If you know someone in Olympia WA who can fix my ride, hook me up!
Thanks you
Susan
You may want to check out ngwclub.com. There are several folks over there who live in Washington. I don't know how close to Olympia they are, but it could not hurt.

Andyb":1zpnmv0g said:
mouse.hunt":1zpnmv0g said:
Thanks you
Susan
You may want to check out ngwclub.com. There are several folks over there who live in Washington. I don't know how close to Olympia they are, but it could not hurt.

Thank you!!!!

Latest posts