My baby is gone!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebro

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2015 Anniversary Edition Goldwing
Just sold my 1100 :crying: Hard to let her go but I got my 1200 to take her place. She went to a good place and I told him about this place so hope he signs up.
Roger

I wouldn't know what to do with only one bike. Must be a tough bureau of the budget at your place.

My son still has his 1100, so it's not as bad as it sounds. I'll have to take his for a ride once in a while. I couldn't justify to the "home department of finance" having 3 wings in the garage. Also paying the insurance on two bikes when you can only ride one at a time is just too much.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99296#p99296:1z2k5gcj said:
thebro » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 am[/url]":1z2k5gcj]
My son still has his 1100, so it's not as bad as it sounds. I'll have to take his for a ride once in a while. I couldn't justify to the "home department of finance" having 3 wings in the garage. Also paying the insurance on two bikes when you can only ride one at a time is just too much.

I added the 1200 to my insurance (Progressive through USAA) and it went up $48.00 for full coverage. The total for the two bikes next year... $148.00. With prices like that, I am ready to add another vintage bike, but then I won't have any room in the garage.

Not up here.... I am paying over $600 each for liability only. My son being 22 years old cost him around $2000 and that is with the bike in my name. Insurance is a big rip off here in Canada.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99306#p99306:m2fzt0ko said:
thebro » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 am[/url]":m2fzt0ko]
Not up here.... I am paying over $600 each for liability only. My son being 22 years old cost him around $2000 and that is with the bike in my name. Insurance is a big rip off here in Canada.
Yikes!

wow that's what this place is turning into ...just compete rip off of the people ...that kind of burden is place on young people of Canada is a crime ...what a travel tax from hell

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99306#p99306:332drrix said:
thebro » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 am[/url]":332drrix]

And now I understand the need for down-sizing the heard! :shock:

Mine on my wing was 75.00 a year But I have sad to say I had to let the wing go due to funds to fix it
I was looking at around 2500.00 to get her ready for next season IE tires carb over haul plugs wires water pump repair
(leaking oil from hole) and other things so I sold her and bought a 2013 shadow phantom insurance went to 247.00
a year for full coverage But I do miss the wing.

Latest posts