My First Post

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K7TKA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've been spending a lot of time reading posts and trying to not ask things that have already been answered. I don't have delivery of my bike yet but am getting very anxious to get started on the restoration. I've read a lot about the carb issues but haven't yet seen any mention of gas preservatives like Sta-Bil. Would this be a good idea when storing the bike over the winter?

Tim
K7TKA
1975 1000

welcome to classic there many ways to store for winter ...the carbs are really fine ...its the gas that gone to the dumper as a product ....but dont woory this issue at all lets get it running ...ask any questions you need answered ...that what the forum about ....start a thread on the bike as soon as you get it and lets get it where you want

I guess I should have said my first post other than new member. My plan is to make this bike as near original as I can. I need to locate a headlight and front turn signals and get rid of the footboards. I have a good bike wrecker nearby but I will need some pictures of original footpegs and shifter as well as the headlight. The same applies to the rear shocks since someone put air shocks on it.

Attachments

• Barn Find 3 small.jpg
    Barn Find 3 small.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 117
750 honda stuff works for hidelight ...common problem with vettered bikes ...i wouldnt get to worried about original stuff as first thing ...get her going and hard stuff come along in time

Latest posts