My rathack...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2valve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of my evolving hack....BigAndrew's bike is my goal.........I have liberally used truck bed liner and gaffer's tape...plus a bit of acrylic black paint....haven't tackled the engine paint yet....after the upgrade..... :Egyptian:
Brian in Nm

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 312
Thanks Dan....I have always been drawn to the 'utilitarian' or industrial look of things no matter what the things are. I loved my old Series Land Rovers since they are totally industrial. I must confess I like the look of military stuff....not for what it is used for but how it is made and how tough it is.
I have no use for chrome and really dislike washing and cleaning motorcycles....So...there you go...a ratman....
My favorite Harley Davidson..dare I mention the name?....is the old WL45 warhorse....

Here is a photo of a wild rig somewhere in eastern Europe or maybe Russia...

Brian in NM

Attachments

• Russian dually.jpg
    Russian dually.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 309
Hi Skiri251....
It is an early 70's vintage Ural hack and the windshield is a Plexifairing....I prefer a much smaller flyscreen but my neck goes spastic on me if I don't have a lot of wind protection.
My GL started out as a standard and I added the sidebags and topbox from an Interstate...
Brian in NM

Ya gotta get the bug-zapper windscreen!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
It's definitely a different look.... :good:

Ahhhh, I see......yours is made of screen? I can't really see in the pix. Actually not a bad idea but I need the wind protection for my neck which is all futched up....fused verts, titanium plate, screws...blah, blah, blah. I have spent some very miserable weeks during and after a trip with small shields...
Brian in NM

image.php

I thought you had a close-up pic of it in your gallery, Andrew, but I don't see it....
It's a cool idea.

Brian,Good to see you back.How where the travels?

I have a lead on another 100 with hack that will need some attention.I think the rat thing would go good with that one.
Thanks for the web link,that was new to me.

Hi Tory...thanks for the welcome.....and your 'plane is looking sweet!

Good news on finding the 1000 and hack....what brand hack?

You are welcome on the link....I go there every so often to marvel at the extent of funk on some bikes...amazing....I think mine is more of the "survival bike" genre vs a true ratbike...so is BigAndrew's bike....but who's keepingh track, right....?

Ride Hard!
Brian

Latest posts