• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need an electric fuel pump

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
For my 1200 cams project I need an electric fuel pump, 2-3 pound stable would be best because I'll most likely install this permanently on the bike so I don't want it over riding the float seats.

I know Randakk sells one but I'm not ready to shell out that much cash right now so what I'm looking for is an off the shelf pump.

I'm not aware of any electric fuel pump that would put out that small amount of pressure, unless it is a specially built for it. Most common pumps will pump around 12-14 psi unregulated...
I've got an adjustable regulator... :mrgreen:

AutoZone has some low output electric fuel pumps. If you get one just a little high perhaps an inline resistor like used on old ignitions would bring it down to an acceptable output and increase the overall life of the pump.

AutoZone here has at least three different models on the shelf. I was looking to find one strong enough to use on a fuel injected car. I hate in tank fuel pumps! :head bang: :head bang:

Dan,Part # ep12,ep12s or 12s is a common used number for alot of manufacturers.Its a basic facet style pump I sell for many carburated aplications.Should work well.They sell around $30.00

Slabghost,The problem with what you want to do,elimanate the in tank pump,is pressure.It must be correct as fuellys are very particular,and a inline high pressure pump is not cheap.

Be consumer aware of the airtex brand.They hold the highest defect rate in the industry with fuel pumps.

Cheby Canobeers eat in tank fuel pumps as evidenced but a bazillion posts online and since they only sell the whole unit including level sensors they are far from cheap. This one died the day after I filled the tank so I'd much rather install one inline. I would be most grateful if you could recommend something that would serve the purpose.
Okay-Hijack over. What are your thoughts on my suggestion to Dan to use an ignition resistor inline to power a low volume fuel pump?

Tory":invofh2c said:
Dan,Part # ep12,ep12s or 12s is a common used number for alot of manufacturers.Its a basic facet style pump I sell for many carburated aplications.Should work well.They sell around $30.00

Slabghost,The problem with what you want to do,elimanate the in tank pump,is pressure.It must be correct as fuellys are very particular,and a inline high pressure pump is not cheap.

Be consumer aware of the airtex brand.They hold the highest defect rate in the industry with fuel pumps.

That part number goes to what brand?

its an AC DELCO part number for many cars. slick little pump..
EP12S.jpg

Latest posts