NEED GOOD READING Keep the good threads coming.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got that nasty hernia taken care of yesterday.(Thats one of the main reasons I didnt make it to joes,between the money and vacation time that both required.)

Soooo
Give me some good reading matrial.Im already bored out of my mind,and Have a whole week of this to look forward to.

Well Tory, I can get long winded on some of my stories, I have had three Hernia surgeries sir, and a story for each one...If you wish..just say the word.. :shock: Or maybe a story of how we would travel about under ground in San Antonio as children pre teens having fun, Awesome stories....Huck fin type stories.... Or When my Ranger brother made us do basic training at the coast...Oh God.. :beg: Or my friend breaking his leg in my back yard...Or me taking
$130.00 from under the mattress from my parents bed :shock: I got beat on that day...so you need to tell me if you wish to read these stories or not.. :clapping: Or construction job stories that really happened.. :shock: I print facts not fiction.. :clapping:

Well
I dont care to here any BAD hernia storys for sure,the underground travels have me curious though.

Dan,I am looking forword to the meet and greet pics and videos.

Joe,not to under the weather,just need to take it easy which is bad enough.

If all continues well I might sneek out monday or tuesday ,without mama looking,and take a ride on the 400.The cafe bike is out of the question and the goldwing may be tough to mount but that little 400 is a piece of cake to ride.

Tory":344b4ajj said:
Just got that nasty hernia taken care of yesterday.

Ive never had one :heat: but I hear they are all pretty nasty.. :rocks: get well soon !!

Well put it this way fella's, I'm a pretty big dude with a squeaky little girls voice now. :shock: .Kinda sounds like the Justin Beiber kid.. :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Well I'm 52 now but I can remember when I was 4-5 years old it would flood really bad and it would flood out our side yard real bad it would get knee deep at times, we would float around on man made items, what ever we could find to that would float we would jump on and have fun, when the City finally dug up the street when I was about 7 and it took a few years for them to put in a water drainage system, We lived on Woodlawn and there was Carleton as a side street just about in front of our house most the water would run down Carleton into the yard the city placed in drainage areas a half mile up carleton and like a mile down woodlawn, these drainage pipes down there were 6' tall and square in some areas and round in others... Well my friends and brothers got curious and had to go down into the drainage pipes and find out where they led too, my gosh man, we grew spines early in life because it was freakin scary as hell down there, see we would lift the cover or lids off the drainage ways which was our access down there and the drainway at the street was wide to catch lots of water, it was probably 12' wide at the street the pipe going down to the main drainage was about 3' or so, we could easily side down with our flashlights in hand, now keep in mind every street had a drainway on every corner up Carleton [5 cross streets up]and down Woodlawn [1 major street, 281 highway and a few more street crossed Woodlawn to the river], now down Woodlawn was quite a journey. We would get together and walk these underground pipes and when we got to a opening or a 3' pipe we would crawl up and look out onto the street...N. St. Marys st.[busy] was our favorite place to spring our little heads up..We would see people walking and call there name and they had no idea where anyone was, I'm sure they thought they were hearing things.... :smilie_happy: We were terrible little guys, we would call people names and such and laugh until it hurt.. :smilie_happy: We went a little further but I'll tell you about that a little later. Our house on Woodlawn is where the underground drain system turned and went clear down a mile or so to the San Antonio River, our favorite play ground growing up... I have lots more if you wish...????It gets really good...The stories of what we did to people is what's so funny...Cops could never catch us ground rats...

Well anyway we would love friday and Saturday nights, see I was an expert shot with my bb gun and I could hit a nats ass at 50 paces no problem. :shock: ..So we would put our camo paint on our faces[charcoal] and we would wear black like comando's and we would go down unground to St. Mary's st. on friday nights because there was a night club down there and a lot of well to do's would attend this club, I /we never shot a female it was always the biggest dude we could see, sometimes we would just wait for a big dude, we had the perfect ass shot too... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I never missed..OMG... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Those big dudes would jump everytime, I shot them right in the ass, then we would about die laughing, they had no idea what the hell happened, their reaction was to die for, we laughed for days...I'm cracking up thinking back on this stuff we did..Oh Oh I almost forgot, back then miniskirts were the fashion, omg, a 10 year boy down there with his buddies checking out all the babes in mini's oh my...Little horn dogs.. But yeah that was a blast.. Now everytime I see these deer hunters today I kinda laugh a little because that was us at 10 years old..We was hunting butt.... :smilie_happy: No way no how could anyone catch us drainage rats, it was our second home,,,it was a play ground underground... It was a great excape, we knew these pipes well and where they came up...We would walk clear on down to the river under ground and we knew when we were getting close to the river because water would appear and we would have to make lots of noise to scare off any snakes so we didn't get bitten, but we would come out down there, there were lots of roaches and crickets down there not too many rats..we always had weapons like sticks and such in case of a rat attack....So yeah I had a wonder time as a kid with my friends..... Maybe I'll get on my bike tomorrow and go down to the neighborhood and get some photo's then one of the river outlet.. I wrote the truth it happened just like I said, but it was way funnier... :hi: :music:

Here are some more photos of Woodlawn crossing, Tory we had a blast in the summer down here, the cars would go thru the crossing and we would hang onto their bumbers with their permission of course.. Fun City for kids..River was dirty but we never cared much..View attachment 1 and a youtube video of the water and the sound of it flowing, Tory you may need to go the the restroom after you listen to it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx4O0RbxG04

1968 I was stationed at NAS Alameda, at the time the base was home port for a couple of Aircraft carriers and assorted ships. As with any naval base they have Marines that do a variety of jobs, security being one of them.
During that period we had a lot of anti war protesters the would shout nasty things at us, considering that Alameda was very close to UC Berkley it was a given we were going to have our share to war protesters. They normally collected close to the main gate or the street running along the South Eastern perimeter of the base. Needless to say security kept a close eye on them and that in itself became very boring because those folks made a lot of noise but never attempted to enter the base.
Well one bored Marine (No names mentioned) commandeered a pellet gun from one of the aircraft hangers, think it was used for shooting pigeons. Well this unnamed Marine had a better use for the gun. He positioned himself in some bushes along the fence line. He quickly found the range and trajectory of the pellet gun and then entertained himself using the protesters for target practice. Since from his position the protesters were about fifty yards off so the pellet impact wasn’t much but sure made them a bit unhappy, they had no sense of humor. The straw that broke the camels back was when one of them got hit in the neck and left a very nasty welt where it hit.
Shortly after the Marine attack on the protesters the base CO had the MPs going around looking and confiscating any bb or pellet guns they could find. I guess the CO didn’t have a sense of humor either. There is nothing worse than a bored Marine.

Beav, I can tell your still as much of a kid then as you are Now :smilie_happy: !! Almost wet my britches reading these storys :blush: Loved the one about BIG BUTT :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: !!! My Turm :laptop: ,..As kids we were making our own little ahhh,....firecrackers!! I'd was able to get some of Dad's shot gun shells for powder, my other friend would get some empty pellet cartridges. Plus he had some fuse. So, One day after making one, we went into the woods and killed a dead log. We lite the fuse and ran like hell,...nothing happened :nea: !! So I crawled back to the log on my chubby belly waiting for it to go off :Awe: , all the while my friend yelling it's gonna "GO OFF"!! Made it to the log and found less than a 1/4 inch fuse :shock: ! So I reposition the fuse, ran like hell and as soon as I hit the ground, I was able to look back and BOOM!! WoW,..we thought that was neat and what a BIG explosion :smilie_happy: :laptop: !! When we came out of the woods , his Mom was waiting for us and asked if we heard any big noises back there? Naw,..Said it must be the neighbours doing something. She was about to call the sheriff :heat: !! Then later in the week Dad was getting ready to go hunting only to find about 1/2 his shells missing,.....asked me about it but lied out of that one :hihihi: ! (And dad was one ya didn't want to piss off!) Then got on the bus several days later and one of the neighbour kids was all bandaged up, with 2 blackeyes and both hands wrapped up,...you might of gussed it,...he was hitting down on a shot gun shell with a hammer and screw driver in a vise, that was holding the shell, when it went off :swoon: !! Well a hard lesson learned on behalf of a friend and needless to say, we quit blowing up stuff in the woods that year :swoon: directly behind the .........State Police Station!!!!! :whistling: Get Well Soon Troy Later :hi: Bob

As you saw we lived in the City, right smack in the center of San Antonio, My two older brothers Carl and Robert were insane :Awe: , these two fools would fight everyday, I swear, there was blood flowing at our house regularly, they would go at it like two pitbulls, my friends really like coming over sometimes because it was a great place for entertainment, nothing like a good fight with blood and all....Me.... well I got into it once in a while but I was the one they were careful of because I was the youngest of the six kids, and when they got me angry they would usually end up running from me..I was a little guy but very dangerous :evil: , see I couldn't fight these guys and win because they were much larger kids but when one of them did beat me up I would find something [weapon :evil: ] and chase them with it, if they didn't run they would get smacked really bad because I was probably mad and crying at the same time, so their best option was to run like hell, once time Carl beat me up in the breakfast room we called it, and I got a empty coke bottle broke it and chased him all over the place,I ws going to cut that plucker, talk about running,, Carl ran that day. :smilie_happy: ..John was the eldest, 10yrs older, we didn't care much for him even though he was our brother and all, he was mean and a pothead too, he would call us all names and such, rap us on the back of the head alot with his knuckles :evil: , man I hated that :evil: , never forgot it either :evil: , he was our brother and we did love him and all but......He was the guy with all the motorcycles, he had that little red Honda 50cc and had a crash up the street and got himself hauled off in an ambulance and he even got on the news at 5/10 pm..Wow...He got himself a hurt pretty good..That guy had so many different bikes I swear, Yamaha's, BSA's, triumphs, Kawas, there was always a different bike at our house every year :shock: .. I quitely admired he bikes as I grew up, Now that you guys have seen our street, we rode our mini bike down that street all day long, was a blast..In our neighborhood there we lots of kids, we would all gather and have some serious fun, either street football, [regularly] or Tag or hide and kill, we made games up :shock: .. There must have been 12 kids in all that gathered, poor neighbor's, we made more noise I swear....One day I was out back our house was surrounded by trees and we had squirrels running everywhere... I was like 13 at the time, we would shoot our 22 rifle in the back yard into a large sandbag... Well if a squirrel was to come into site I'd have to take a shot you know, one day I did and I missed the moving target, with in five minutes a friend from the next street behind the house came over, Martin Martin he said, you better come talk to this lady man come on...I said what wtf...He said that she was almost killed, I said what no way..he said come on she needs to talk with you,,oh crap :shock: :shock: :shock: ... :shock: So she lived in the upstairs apartment and I went in to talk with her and she was all scared and shaking and such [she was fine looking man] :shock: :clapping: anyway, she showed me where the bullet had come in and missed her head by inches as she was doing her dishes and we saw where the bullet went into the wall, oh crap man :shock: , I was then freaking out and I couldn't have told this fine looking women how sorry I was enough and that I would never shoot my 22 again in the back :beg: ...Well thank God she didn't call the cops,,That was stupid, the bullet did a 90 degree turn off a branch, she thought someone was trying to kill her so I calmed her down after telling her it was a squirrel I was after not her... :shock: Oh crap man..I never shot it again..How was that Tory?

Thats crazy stuff beav,
I was raised a country boy so 22s where a part of life for all the boys (and most girls) around here.Still have mine.

Latest posts