New fan of the Honda Gold Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerbreadman

Reaction score
Hello from Lowell, Michigan. I was given an '84 1200 Interstate a year and a half ago by a friend who had lost his house in the resesion. He had just had the trans and engine rebuilt by a Honda dealer before it started leaking oil in a serious way, so he parked it in his shed untill the time he could afford to get it fixed. Well, a full decade later he lost the house so he knew I'd been drooling over it so he gave it to me, knowing that I would get it back on the road.
Well, I met this guy that had owned a hot rod shop, and worked out a deal w/him to get it running and modified so that i could ride it in my disabled state.
So we took the front wheel & forks off, welded our custom sub-frame to the front of the frame, and then bolted a '74 beetle front axel on. Then we/he fabed up a fiberglass/plywood/styrofome front body cowling.
Next we took off the carbs & air box. Built two new manifolds out of 1 1/4" mandrell-bent exhaust pipe.
I had a buddy of mine fab us up two plenums for it and machine four mounting plates. Brazed it all together and now the two Holly/Weber progressive two barrel carbs reside snuggled up next to the stock fairing.
We took off the stock lower fairing pannels so you can easily see all mods to the bike, and keep it running nice and cool in the hot summers w/pullin' two-up and a trailer. I'd love to remove the heads again to mill off a few thousandths and port them for some free breathing.
As you can tell, I've got a passion for this stuff! More mods are in the works for my Wife's bike (like a trike build on it), but that's another day.
I'm retired & on disability, just having fun building trikes and livin' life enjoing my fourteen grandkids. And I still got a 15-year old at home yet! (yeah, I know, call me crazy!) So, thats about it for the gingerbreadman.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, gingerbreadman!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now....you know it just ain't right to tell us the story about your custom ride without throwing in some pics, right? :rant:

Gotta see some PICS!!! :beg: :beg: :beg: It sounds really interesting. :yes:

OK, I'll post some pics (quite a few, actually) as soon as some one will explain the step by step process to get the pictures from camera to website! You can call me or PM me, but I'd like the call better 'cause then I can do the stuff we're talking about AS we talk about them!

Ok, I understand about the poverty line, but which side are you on: I know which side I'm on! The South side. Always have been, probably always will be, unless all of a sudden they start paying Special Needs bus drivers a LOT more money. (or they decide that my disability is worth six figures 'cause that's what my wife supports us with.)LOL. Well,hey, as long as I can pay my bills and build cool motorbikes I'm good.

I've discovered that I have very unsafe problems riding a two wheeled motorized vehicle! Put it this way; you don't want to be riding beside me at any time! I kinda wobble slowly from side to side! It would actually be hilarious if it wasn't so scary and dangerous! At least I stay in my own lane, just not in my own part of the lane. I ride the inside for a little while, then the outside. So that's why every bike I ride for long WILL be a trike!!! Maybe a 2F1R, or it might be a 1F2R, but it WILL be a trike! (there's a story that goes along with that adamet decision, but I'll save that for another day)

Mark, AKA the gingerbreadman

Oh! I almost forgot!!! WHY am I a lucky dawg??? I don't get that. Please explain!

And also, how come I can't work the emotocons? That is quite frustrating!!!

See ya! gingerbreadman

gingerbreadman":2cbyfzw2 said:
Oh! I almost forgot!!! WHY am I a lucky dawg??? I don't get that. Please explain!

And also, how come I can't work the emotocons? That is quite frustrating!!!

See ya! gingerbreadman

Just click on which ever emoticon you want and it's code appears on the line :yes:

Dunno 'bout the lucky dawg thing, I'm as lost as you :whistling:

Gotcha!!!! You wouldn't think so much if you knew what shape it was in! It was a very wonderfull gift, but I think the real deal was the freindship of the guy helping me w/the build/re-build of the bike. Although he had never worked on a Wing, he knew enough about building hot rods to do a very nice job. He's a body man, so it left me to come up w/ideas for the engine. I've never worked on the engines of bikes, but I've built a boat load of hot car engines.
But I was recuperating from a couple surgeries so I couldn't do very much and he, amazingly stepped up to the plate and hit a homer! Next year I want to get those heads back off and send 'em to Dave Campbell's Electronics 'cause he's had expierance
making those heads breath like anything! Then I won't feel too bad about those progressive two barrel carbs on each head.

About them emocons, yeah I know it gives me the code, but what do I with them then? See, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to computers. So I'm still as confused as I ever once was!

gingerbreadman":6wqgq86g said:
About them emocons, yeah I know it gives me the code, but what do I with them then? See, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to computers. So I'm still as confused as I ever once was!

Just leave the code there because after you submit your post the emoticon will appear.

When you click on them tee code appears in your draft but then you send it displays the picture in the sent product... to see what it will look like screole down and select "PREVIEW" when you are satisfird select "SEND" now you have all them emotocoms!!!! Bob