New GL1200 owner in Canada

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam I Am

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 Honda GL1200 Aspencade, 1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing, 1973 Triumph Bonneville T120
You know how it goes... you're on lunch, scanning FB marketplace looking at bikes... you see the price drop on a bike you've been keeping an eye on... you fire off a message and arrange to go have a look... and the next thing you know, literally an hour later, there's an '84 GL1200 Aspencade hulking in your driveway...

Got my bike license years before I got around to a car license. First bike was a CX500 and I drove that thing everywhere, drove to work in a snowsuit when the weather let me, hitch hiked home when it wouldn't. Had a '72 Norton, a '76 Sportster, still have and ride a '71-73 Triumph chopper and an '82 GL500 (which I've ridden to both sides of Canada and back), and an ongoing project - a '72 Triumph Tiger desert sled that'll be ongoing for a while...
So the '84 GL1200 is both the newest, and by far the largest bike I've owned, and I'm still bouncing between excited and "what did I just do?'.

So, hi there!

Scott

Latest posts